1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Most durable bulb replacement

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by gobias, May 15, 2010.

1. May 15, 2010 at 10:33 AM
    gobias

gobias [OP] as in Gobias some coffee

Member:
    Vehicle:
    02 Dbl TRD
    After offroading a bit at night with the stock Toyota headlights I've decided I'll need something a bit brighter before I do that again. On previous cars I've had Silverstar Ultras but they burn out so easily, especially if I hit a bump going any faster than a crawl.
    Anybody have any experience with replacement bulbs? I'd like something brighter but still durable enough that they won't burn out every few months.
    HIDs are out. I can't stand them. Driving & fog lights will come later once I can get around to saving up enough for 'em.

2. May 15, 2010 at 10:40 AM
    dubstar2003

dubstar2003 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2007 PreRunner
    Projector Headlights Westin Bullguard Westin Nurf Bars Custom Hood Lifts Black'd Out Badges Alpine Headunit w/Ipod Satoshi Grille 6000K HID'S BILSTIEN 5100'S UP FRONT
    Checkout Nokya bulbs. They used to sell them at Circuity City, but they have them on ebay for like $20 a pair. I had these on one of my other cars for 5 years and only 1 has recently burnt out. I was running & 7000K. They are super white with a shade of blue, but not too much blue that you cant see. My boy had the Silverstars, but the Nokyas look much better.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.

Products Discussed in

To Top