LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

I want to replace some lights and do Fog-Light Mod. Help?

Old 05-16-2010, 10:01 PM   #1
brettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
brettb's Tacoma Gallery
I want to replace some lights and do Fog-Light Mod. Help?

So I want to do the fog light mod for my first gen. Couple questions. From what I have read, I have to take off a relay (ill find out the certain one later), add a connector to it, make a hole so I can run it through to the cab, and put it in the same slot where the green wire is. Is this some what correct? Also, do I need to get new protector things for where the orange thing was? I have to take that off, but is there light a sheet of plastic behind it? Also, do I need new bulbs down there as well?

Interior: I want to replace the roof light, the one that lights up the cab. Any recondmendations? I kinda don't like the redish-orange color and its not bright enough for me. I would also like to replace the lights in the door. What is the type I use for those and the roof light?

I think thats it. Sorry about the trillion questions.
Thanks for any help
Old 05-17-2010, 04:22 PM   #2
brettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brettb's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone?
Old 05-17-2010, 04:33 PM   #3
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
If I am not mistaken, first generation Tacomas do not have foglights... What I used to do on my T100 was to snip the wires of the parking light and the turn signal, then swapped them.

As for your dome light, I would switch to an LED board for a white, blue, red or any color of your liking. The size is DE3022.
Old 05-17-2010, 04:34 PM   #4
REALLY!!
mrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: F-22 Crew Chief
Name: Brent
mrp192's Tacoma Gallery
its different for a 98-00. you cant just move a relay and add a connector. you would have to add 3 connectors. its a bigger pain in the dick then it really needs to be..

as for lights use this link http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProd...lacementGuide/

then buy them from superbrightleds.com
Old 05-17-2010, 08:39 PM   #5

brettb's Tacoma Gallery
Ive seen a couple of threads of first gens doing it? Maybe im mistaken. DAMNIT. I was really looking forward to it. If I buy a new bumper that has fogs on them, will it be hard to wire those up?
Old 05-17-2010, 10:23 PM   #6
REALLY!!
mrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: F-22 Crew Chief
Name: Brent
mrp192's Tacoma Gallery
01-04 or whatever the last year for the 1gen was. As for getting a bumper with foglight it wouldn't be hard. You would just need a relay and a switch and that's that.