Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

KC HiLiTES 801 Rally or Hella Rally 4000

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-17-2010, 08:23 PM   #1
night_angel has a brilliant futurenight_angel has a brilliant futurenight_angel has a brilliant futurenight_angel has a brilliant futurenight_angel has a brilliant futurenight_angel has a brilliant futurenight_angel has a brilliant futurenight_angel has a brilliant futurenight_angel has a brilliant futurenight_angel has a brilliant futurenight_angel has a brilliant future

Name: Thomas
night_angel's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to night_angel
KC HiLiTES 801 Rally or Hella Rally 4000

which would be a better option?
KC HiLiTES 801 Rally, Hella Rally 4000 or a LightForce 240?

mainly for for Off-Road use and highway driving...
what you think?
Old 05-18-2010, 10:55 AM   #2
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
NOT FOR HIGHWAY USE! Your Tacoma headlights are fine for that or do an HID upgrade on them.

FOR OFF ROAD USE:

Halogen are less expensive, but draw more power... get a relay if one isn't included.

HID produce more white light at 1/3 the power draw of halogen, but cost 4 times more.

If spending $800 for a pair of lights is in your budget, go with HID driving lights.
Old 05-18-2010, 07:22 PM   #3
night_angel has a brilliant futurenight_angel has a brilliant futurenight_angel has a brilliant futurenight_angel has a brilliant futurenight_angel has a brilliant futurenight_angel has a brilliant futurenight_angel has a brilliant futurenight_angel has a brilliant futurenight_angel has a brilliant futurenight_angel has a brilliant futurenight_angel has a brilliant future

thanks for the reply, but my problem is that sometimes I travel at night, here in our "highways" in paraguay, i traveling alone, almost 300km without any people or cars in front, and sometimes dangerous sections in the highway.. a speed of 120 to 140km/h , and many craters, and ugly way ... and I need light .. lot of light! = D, I have now, 2 KC Rally 801 8" and 2 Hella 500, and I need something better than that..

the HID, I understand, but I have a powder road "off-road", and I can not see the road
when I say powder, I mean this, and at night is worse .. the HID does not serve, powder

Old 05-18-2010, 07:24 PM   #4
98_mud_bug
98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

98_Mud_bug's Tacoma Gallery
how much are you looking to spend? your best bet is to go hid, with all your lights. youll save your alternator.
Old 05-18-2010, 07:30 PM   #5
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
I'd say go with 3 hella 4000 euro beam with Hid conversion at 4500. Or Pencil beam if you really want to get that Far Reach. should run about 370 total.
Old 05-18-2010, 07:34 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98_Mud_bug View Post
how much are you looking to spend? your best bet is to go hid, with all your lights. youll save your alternator.

400us, to buy 4 hella 4000, 2 long range + 2 off-road

this?
http://www.amazon.com/Hella-H1256003...4232905&sr=8-1
and
http://www.amazon.com/Hella-HLA-H125...4232905&sr=8-6

sorry for my English,
p.t.: amazon.com is the only shop, where I can buy with my credit card, and send it by courier to my country ..
Old 05-18-2010, 07:39 PM   #8

which means Subbed ?
Old 05-18-2010, 07:43 PM   #9
Awesome Member
tacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: William
tacomakid89's Tacoma Gallery
It means "subscribed". Meaning that when somebody else posts in the thread it will show up in the subscription box and also will send an email to me.
Old 05-18-2010, 07:44 PM   #11

this is the highway ...miles and miles with nothing, a green desert with 45 degrees of heat...

Old 05-18-2010, 07:45 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason'sLawnCare View Post
subscribed to the thread. He's waiting for more information.

ah, thank you very much!
Old 05-18-2010, 07:51 PM   #13
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Hola Night Angel, thank you for pointing out that you are in South America! I am sure you will want HID lights if you can buy them... They draw only 35 watts but give the light of 130 or more watts of halogen!

If three lights, do one pencil (spot) beam in the center and two driving (Euro) beams on each side. You will light up the road far down the line with the pencil beam and light up the area in front and to the sides of your truck with the pair of driving beams!

HID lights are usually $400 each, but Kragen Auto Parts has made available cheap, Chinese HID Euro beams for about $125 each... about the same price as a Hella 4000 Halogen. I have the Kragens, but they both failed driving dirt road in Baja California, Mexico because the bodies are plastic and not strong for bad roads and vibration.

You can see in my photo I now have two Hella 4000 metal lights on my Tacoma (pencil beams)... They are 100 watt halogen, someday I may get them converted to HID... or add 2 HID euro/ driving beams to light up more area in front of my truck... light daylight! HID is amazing, turns night into day... you can even see colors at night!
Old 05-18-2010, 08:06 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by David K View Post
Hola Night Angel, thank you for pointing out that you are in South America! I am sure you will want HID lights if you can buy them... They draw only 35 watts but give the light of 130 or more watts of halogen!

If three lights, do one pencil (spot) beam in the center and two driving (Euro) beams on each side. You will light up the road far down the line with the pencil beam and light up the area in front and to the sides of your truck with the pair of driving beams!

HID lights are usually $400 each, but Kragen Auto Parts has made available cheap, Chinese HID Euro beams for about $125 each... about the same price as a Hella 4000 Halogen. I have the Kragens, but they both failed driving dirt road in Baja California, Mexico because the bodies are plastic and not strong for bad roads and vibration.
+1, I had already broken several hella 500 because of that...

You can see in my photo I now have two Hella 4000 metal lights on my Tacoma (pencil beams)... They are 100 watt halogen, someday I may get them converted to HID... or add 2 HID euro/ driving beams to light up more area in front of my truck... light daylight! HID is amazing, turns night into day... you can even see colors at night!

aha, well, I tell you, here an H3 HID kit, 6000k or 8000k costs 50 to 60US, a H4 HID kit costs 55 to 65us, the price is not the problem ...

the problem is the powder, as I mentioned ... is as if when there is heavy rain, turn on all your lights, and we see anything, just with powder is much worse

thanks for the recommendation, as many light can i put? Four 100watt bulbs? + 2x 55wat fog light and 90/100watt H4 Bulb?
Old 05-18-2010, 11:17 PM   #15

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Try and get HIDs that are between 4000 and 5000 K (the same as the sun) for brightest, daylight like lighting. 6000 + goes from blue to violet and you loose illumination at the color... no bueno amigo!

Powder? Do you mean dust (polvo)?
Old 05-19-2010, 03:19 PM   #16

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Bump (to top)
Old 05-19-2010, 05:16 PM   #17

ok,we do not have 4000 to 5000k, only about 6000k hid and up we are here to buy, yes , I mean dust..

I'm thinking about to put the H3 on the KC... an test it..
Old 05-20-2010, 11:18 AM   #18

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Please tell us what you do and send more photos! Seeing Paraguay is not what we can do very often... your country looks great!
Old 05-21-2010, 08:32 AM   #20

ok, I do a few pictures ... this weekend ... and put them here ..
I Buy from amazon 4 HID H3, and 2 H4 4300k, and try this..
and buy 2 KC Rally 803 Driving Light..

http://www.amazon.com/KC-HiLiTES-803...451982&sr=8-13

The idea then is 2 KC long Range with HID and 2 KC Driving light with H3 100Watt hella, the Fog light and low light with HID 4300k

I buy the KC, because I think it will be unique, only one truck here has that KC 6" reflectors, so I think mine will be unique with four KC Rally 8"

Products Discussed in this Thread