Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Anyone use FJ fog switch with offroad lights?

Old 05-18-2010, 06:18 PM   #1
eltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud of
Army:
eltaco's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone use FJ fog switch with offroad lights?

I've been researching switches like a mad-man! I would really like to retain the stock look of the 05+ Tacoma, but I also would like to have some indication as to when the offroad lights are on. That being said, I'm starting to take a good look at the FJ Cruiser Auxiliary and Offroad Light switches. Has anyone used these yet? Are any modifications to the switch necessary? Could you post pics and/or wiring diagrams for the switch?

Thanks!
Old 05-18-2010, 09:49 PM   #2
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
got a picture of it?
Old 05-18-2010, 09:52 PM   #3
eltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud of
Army:
eltaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjonags32 View Post
got a picture of it?
Sorry, that would have helped...

P/N: PT297-35070-AS

Old 05-18-2010, 10:02 PM   #4
afd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
yep, i used one to wire up my fog lights. Here's a wiring diagram from the FJC forum
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...h-diagram.html
No mods to the switch necessary
Old 05-18-2010, 10:07 PM   #5
Army:
eltaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by afd23a View Post
yep, i used one to wire up my fog lights. Here's a wiring diagram from the FJC forum
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...h-diagram.html
No mods to the switch necessary
Awesome, that's just what I'm looking for! Thanks so much.

Is this switch factory orange when not activated, and green when activated?

I'm going to put this on order, along with the daytime running lights mod!
Old 05-18-2010, 10:16 PM   #6
afd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
No problem man. The light symbol is always illuminated (not sure what color) and when the lights are on the upper LED is illuminated orange or green, sorry not sure which. It's a pricey switch but the upper LED is pretty nice to let you know when they're on.
Old 05-18-2010, 10:25 PM   #7
Army:
eltaco's Tacoma Gallery
k, I'm going to order it without the harness. $30 for a harness seems pretty steep. I plan to just solder wires to the switch. If you see any problems with this, I'd love to hear it in advance.

Also, I just read the wiring diagram. Since I don't have the ATRAC function, do you remember which wires you tapped into?

Thanks for all the info
Old 05-18-2010, 10:35 PM   #8

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
Hmmmmmm.......I agree $30 for the harness is steep. I think I bought the harness just to make it easier, but soldering wires to it will work just as well so no issue there.

I think I used an add-a-fuse/circuit thing from autozone to get power to the switch. This would be where it says "Interior Light Circuit". I just plugged it into an empty spot on the fuse panel behind the coin drawer. I picked an empty fuse slot that was hot only after the ignition was on. That way when I turn the key off the fogs go off too. Also the regular headlights don't need to be on in order to use the fog lights and I didn't have to tap into the headlight circuit.
Old 05-26-2010, 06:26 AM   #10
Army:
eltaco's Tacoma Gallery
No problem!

Mine should be here any day now...