Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Nite-shades Cracking?

Old 05-20-2010, 04:34 AM   #1
Cars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carson
Cars0n`'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Cars0n`
Nite-shades Cracking?

my niteshades came in yesterday and i didnt want to do my lights because it is raining today and i need my truck, but my friend was impatient and did his yesterday and the niteshade tint was cracking on the light itself. the light is not cracked, it just looks like when the tint dried it shrunk and cracked.

my question is what could cause this? too thick for each coat?

we did sand with different grits and use alcohol to clean the surface after.
Old 05-20-2010, 08:58 AM   #4
Cars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cars0n`'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by badguybuster View Post
Oops sorry mis read that. Use a really fine sand paper 300 grit and it back down. Then re apply in very fine criss crossing coats.
ha thats exactly what i did. it did cover them a little but you can still tell.

he was thinking it could be where his lights are old, but i cant see it mattering. its an 85 chevy
Old 05-20-2010, 09:02 AM   #5
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Check out this thread:http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...-way-pics.html

I used this method on my 06's and my current 2010 OEM LED tails, both sets came out great!! It takes a little bit of time and patience but it is well worth it!!!!
Old 05-20-2010, 09:14 AM   #6

Cars0n`'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
Check out this thread:http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...-way-pics.html

I used this method on my 06's and my current 2010 OEM LED tails, both sets came out great!! It takes a little bit of time and patience but it is well worth it!!!!
already had it bookmarked for when i do mine but thanks anyways!

i did find this on google tho. http://www.smokedtaillightstint.com/...g-when-dry.php
Old 05-20-2010, 09:28 AM   #7
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cars0n` View Post
already had it bookmarked for when i do mine but thanks anyways!

i did find this on google tho. http://www.smokedtaillightstint.com/...g-when-dry.php
Yeah I honestly had no problems like that guy did. But when I did my 06's I did 1 medium coat and they cured out pretty dark. Not totally blacked out but it came out a medium-dark. So then when I did my 2010's, I did 1 light coat and they came out medium which isnt bad. If you plan on doing 1 coat just be careful when your hitting the light in layers cause I accidentally sprayed a little over the first layer and you can see a tad bit of a darker line from the 2 sprays overlapping. Its not totally obvious unless you sit and stare at it.
Old 05-20-2010, 09:45 AM   #8

Cars0n`'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
If you plan on doing 1 coat just be careful when your hitting the light in layers cause I accidentally sprayed a little over the first layer and you can see a tad bit of a darker line from the 2 sprays overlapping. Its not totally obvious unless you sit and stare at it.
ah thats good to know. thanks!
Old 05-20-2010, 11:55 AM   #9
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cars0n` View Post
ah thats good to know. thanks!
Yeah no problem. When you tint your tails you will probably have questions? Feel free to PM me if you want.