1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Today's projects- LED's and TacomaWorld Sticker mod

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by LeadFootCaliKid, May 21, 2010.

1. May 21, 2010 at 4:47 PM
    LeadFootCaliKid

LeadFootCaliKid [OP] It's a work in progress.

Member:
    First Name:
    Blake
    Temecula/North SD
    Vehicle:
    2005 DC PreRunner TRD Off-Road
    Total Chaos UCA's, Icon coil-overs, Icon gas reservoir rear shocks, Eagle Alloy 17", Nitto Terra Grappler 285/75/17, Flowmaster 40, Kenwood deck, and dual 10" Kicker subs, shorty antenna. There's more...
    I did all my interior/reverse/lc plate LED's and took some much needed pictures of my truck as it sit's today.

TW Sticker Mod

I got [most of] a TW sticker from Brian (SoundMan1463) at the Lake Cuyamaca meet. It was ripped off at the 2nd "o" so I did what I could with it.

[​IMG]

Dash LED's

I had my dash LED's done a while ago, but all I ordered was a set of blue lights. I decided that wasn't good enough, so I changed them around a little but more and this is what I came up with.

[​IMG]

Metra Dash Kit:crapstorm:

So after all the bull shit I went through to get this thing (see http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/au...ved-my-metra-textured-dash-kit-f-my-life.html), it came out looking like crap compared to what I expected. It doesn't fit well, I didn't get the right parts to install it, and it came scratched! (just to the left of the hazard button) The only thing I like about this is how the pattern matches other parts. BUT IT"S NOT EVEN THE RIGHT COLOR!!! I would NOT recommend ordering from Metra, if anybody cares.

[​IMG]

SuperBrightLeds.com LED's

Here's the reason I started today. I ordered everything mceagle555 recommended in http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lighting/24089-leds-lights-made-easy-interior-exterior.html for the parts I wanted. Mine at "Natural White." I got all my LED replacement lights from superbrightleds.com last night, less than a week after I ordered it! (Wtf Metra?) They sent me everything I ordered, in the right color, with no problems. They even threw in a sticker... a backwards sticker (see picture).

[​IMG]

I started with the reverse lights. Update: I have removed the LED back-up lights and replaced them with the stock halogen bulbs. The LED's look nice, but there is no usable light output provided by LED's. I assume it is beause of the narrow usable light angles as compared to the halogen bulbs. All my windows are tinted close to 5%, I couldnt see anything at night.

Before/Now- Stock
    [​IMG]
    Comparison
    [​IMG]
    LEDs-Removed for halogen bulbs
    [​IMG]

License Plate lights
    Before
    [​IMG]
    NOTE: These halogen bulbs get extremely hot very quick! (I burned myself and broke one)
    Comparison
    [​IMG]
    After
    [​IMG]

Map/Dome Lights
    Before
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Thanks for the help, Jake!
    [​IMG]
    Comparison
    [​IMG]

Hey l00k! A woodpecker!
    [​IMG]
    I heard it before I knew what it was and thought somebody was banging on my house.

After
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

There it is. I plan on doing my armrests in neoprene to match my seat covers then calling it a break on the interior for a while.

2. May 21, 2010 at 4:52 PM
    TRICOMA

TRICOMA Tacoma with the TRI package

Member:
    First Name:
    Tri
    Carlsbad, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma DC SB 4x4 TRD Off Road
    King Off-Road Shock Coilover 2.5 with Resi in the front. King Off-Road Shocks 2.5 with Resi's for the rears, Rear Spring TSB, KMC XD Enduros 16x8, Black Vinyl Fenders, Bed compartment locks, Cobra 19 DX IV with Lil Wil mag mount antenna, CoverKing Seat covers front and rear, Built Right UCAs, Aluminess Expedition Bumper, GY Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar 265/75-16, Custom hybrid style rock sliders.
    Looks good but those LED pictures gave me a headache...LOL I am headed to Fiesta this weekend to chill with the Dina. Hit me up if you want to meet up there. We can get some pictures of your truck.

3. May 21, 2010 at 4:59 PM
    LeadFootCaliKid

Member:
    First Name:
    Blake
    Temecula/North SD
    Vehicle:
    Total Chaos UCA's, Icon coil-overs, Icon gas reservoir rear shocks, Eagle Alloy 17", Nitto Terra Grappler 285/75/17, Flowmaster 40, Kenwood deck, and dual 10" Kicker subs, shorty antenna. There's more...
    Definitely. I'm taking my truck in on Thursday so I'm gunna want to go run it. Whats down at Fiesta? And place to hit some trails? I've never been there

4. May 21, 2010 at 6:16 PM
    TRICOMA

Member:
    First Name:
    Tri
    Carlsbad, CA
    Vehicle:
    King Off-Road Shock Coilover 2.5 with Resi in the front. King Off-Road Shocks 2.5 with Resi's for the rears, Rear Spring TSB, KMC XD Enduros 16x8, Black Vinyl Fenders, Bed compartment locks, Cobra 19 DX IV with Lil Wil mag mount antenna, CoverKing Seat covers front and rear, Built Right UCAs, Aluminess Expedition Bumper, GY Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar 265/75-16, Custom hybrid style rock sliders.
    Fiesta is just an Island where you can chill on the beach with the trucks. We meet up all the time. No wheeling though.

5. May 21, 2010 at 6:17 PM
    LeadFootCaliKid

Member:
    First Name:
    Blake
    Temecula/North SD
    Vehicle:
    Thats cool with me too.

6. May 21, 2010 at 6:19 PM
    TRICOMA

Member:
    First Name:
    Tri
    Carlsbad, CA
    Vehicle:
  7. May 21, 2010 at 6:23 PM
    LeadFootCaliKid

Member:
    First Name:
    Blake
    Temecula/North SD
    Vehicle:
    Haha it's all good. Start a thread and see who else would be down to go. I'm not on very often otherwise I would.

8. May 21, 2010 at 6:24 PM
    TRICOMA

Member:
    First Name:
    Tri
    Carlsbad, CA
    Vehicle:
    I just PM or text my SD buddies. Posting for a small event is not worth it.

I am just there to run the dog.

9. May 24, 2010 at 5:21 PM
    LeadFootCaliKid

Member:
    First Name:
    Blake
    Temecula/North SD
    Vehicle:
    Update: I have taken out the LED back-up lights and put the stock halogen bulbs back in. They look cool, but aren't functional. My windows are tinted 20% all the way around so I need the light. Are there any brighter bulbs I can use?

10. May 24, 2010 at 5:52 PM
    clarkie152

clarkie152 Well-Known Member

Member:
    MA
    Vehicle:
    2016 4Runner Trail
    LED light swap, TRD wheels, KO2s, C4Fab lo-pro
  11. May 26, 2010 at 12:52 PM
    LeadFootCaliKid

Member:
    First Name:
    Blake
    Temecula/North SD
    Vehicle:
  12. May 26, 2010 at 3:41 PM
    krans

krans Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kenny
    Huntington beach/ West min duh
    Vehicle:
    09 Sport mall crawler
    Icon extended travel with resi front and rear,Camburg UCA, All pro standard leaf pack, Fogs anytime, General grabbers AT2,Custom stainless steel brake lines,bed box, Bestop soft top,50' light bar, amber rigid pods,CBI ditch mounts with LED pods,TRD intake,Anti dark hoodlights/rock light/LED whip,FX-R retros and Gibson catback..more mods to come
    So are the replacement led bulbs way brighter then the stock bulbs or does it just change the color of the cab?

13. May 26, 2010 at 4:50 PM
    meantaco

meantaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andres
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prerunner. Gone,but not forgotten.
    Retrofit,bull bar,hellas and color matched grill.
    any body knows were can i buy the courtesy bulb i want to change it for a led bulb (white)?

14. May 26, 2010 at 11:24 PM
    LeadFootCaliKid

Member:
    First Name:
    Blake
    Temecula/North SD
    Vehicle:
    That all depends on how many LEDs are on the bulb and how they are configured. Mine are pretty bright. I'd most likely say that they are much brighter than stock. It would be easier to be sure if I had ordered the same color as the stock bulbs, but I like the pure white.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lighting/24089-leds-lights-made-easy-interior-exterior.html

15. May 27, 2010 at 5:46 PM
    LeadFootCaliKid

Member:
    First Name:
    Blake
    Temecula/North SD
    Vehicle:
  16. May 30, 2010 at 11:21 AM
    flightcancled

flightcancled Addicted

Member:
    Syracuse NY/ Nantucket MA
    Camper top with racks, Custom fogs behind lower bumper. Interior LED lighting, Rock Lights, Hella 500s with upraged bulbs behind black billet grill, AAL, Front 5100s
    Definately digging all the Derder stickers! Nice work!

Products Discussed in

To Top