Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Today's projects- LED's and TacomaWorld Sticker mod

Old 05-21-2010, 04:47 PM   #1
It's a work in progress.
LeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
LeadFootCaliKid's Tacoma Gallery
Today's projects- LED's and TacomaWorld Sticker mod

I did all my interior/reverse/lc plate LED's and took some much needed pictures of my truck as it sit's today.

TW Sticker Mod

I got [most of] a TW sticker from Brian (SoundMan1463) at the Lake Cuyamaca meet. It was ripped off at the 2nd "o" so I did what I could with it.

Dash LED's

I had my dash LED's done a while ago, but all I ordered was a set of blue lights. I decided that wasn't good enough, so I changed them around a little but more and this is what I came up with.

Metra Dash Kit

So after all the bull shit I went through to get this thing (see http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/aud...f-my-life.html), it came out looking like crap compared to what I expected. It doesn't fit well, I didn't get the right parts to install it, and it came scratched! (just to the left of the hazard button) The only thing I like about this is how the pattern matches other parts. BUT IT"S NOT EVEN THE RIGHT COLOR!!! I would NOT recommend ordering from Metra, if anybody cares.

SuperBrightLeds.com LED's

Here's the reason I started today. I ordered everything mceagle555 recommended in http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...-exterior.html for the parts I wanted. Mine at "Natural White." I got all my LED replacement lights from superbrightleds.com last night, less than a week after I ordered it! (Wtf Metra?) They sent me everything I ordered, in the right color, with no problems. They even threw in a sticker... a backwards sticker (see picture).

I started with the reverse lights. Update: I have removed the LED back-up lights and replaced them with the stock halogen bulbs. The LED's look nice, but there is no usable light output provided by LED's. I assume it is beause of the narrow usable light angles as compared to the halogen bulbs. All my windows are tinted close to 5%, I couldnt see anything at night.

Before/Now- Stock

Comparison

LEDs-Removed for halogen bulbs

License Plate lights
Before

NOTE: These halogen bulbs get extremely hot very quick! (I burned myself and broke one)
Comparison

After

Map/Dome Lights
Before

Thanks for the help, Jake!

Comparison

Hey l00k! A woodpecker!

I heard it before I knew what it was and thought somebody was banging on my house.

After

There it is. I plan on doing my armrests in neoprene to match my seat covers then calling it a break on the interior for a while.
Old 05-21-2010, 04:52 PM   #2
Tacoma with the TRI package
TRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tri
TRICOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TRICOMA Send a message via MSN to TRICOMA
Looks good but those LED pictures gave me a headache...LOL I am headed to Fiesta this weekend to chill with the Dina. Hit me up if you want to meet up there. We can get some pictures of your truck.
Old 05-21-2010, 04:59 PM   #3
It's a work in progress.
LeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Definitely. I'm taking my truck in on Thursday so I'm gunna want to go run it. Whats down at Fiesta? And place to hit some trails? I've never been there
Old 05-21-2010, 06:16 PM   #4
TRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TRICOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeadFootCaliKid View Post
Definitely. I'm taking my truck in on Thursday so I'm gunna want to go run it. Whats down at Fiesta? And place to hit some trails? I've never been there
Fiesta is just an Island where you can chill on the beach with the trucks. We meet up all the time. No wheeling though.
Old 05-21-2010, 06:17 PM   #5
It's a work in progress.

Thats cool with me too.
Old 05-21-2010, 06:23 PM   #7
It's a work in progress.

Haha it's all good. Start a thread and see who else would be down to go. I'm not on very often otherwise I would.
Old 05-21-2010, 06:24 PM   #8

TRICOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Haha it's all good. Start a thread and see who else would be down to go. I'm not on very often otherwise I would.
I just PM or text my SD buddies. Posting for a small event is not worth it.

I am just there to run the dog.
Old 05-24-2010, 05:21 PM   #9
It's a work in progress.

Update: I have taken out the LED back-up lights and put the stock halogen bulbs back in. They look cool, but aren't functional. My windows are tinted 20% all the way around so I need the light. Are there any brighter bulbs I can use?
Old 05-24-2010, 05:52 PM   #10
clarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement: SE Mass police department
clarkie152's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Update: I have taken out the LED back-up lights and put the stock halogen bulbs back in. They look cool, but aren't functional. My windows are tinted 20% all the way around so I need the light. Are there any brighter bulbs I can use?
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...se-lights.html
Old 05-26-2010, 12:52 PM   #11
It's a work in progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkie152 View Post
So does that mean that there aren't any brighter replacement bulbs?
Old 05-26-2010, 03:41 PM   #12
krans has much to be proud ofkrans has much to be proud ofkrans has much to be proud ofkrans has much to be proud ofkrans has much to be proud ofkrans has much to be proud ofkrans has much to be proud ofkrans has much to be proud of

Name: Kenny
krans's Tacoma Gallery
So are the replacement led bulbs way brighter then the stock bulbs or does it just change the color of the cab?
Old 05-26-2010, 04:50 PM   #13
meantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andres
meantaco's Tacoma Gallery
any body knows were can i buy the courtesy bulb i want to change it for a led bulb (white)?
Old 05-26-2010, 11:24 PM   #14
It's a work in progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krans View Post
So are the replacement led bulbs way brighter then the stock bulbs or does it just change the color of the cab?
That all depends on how many LEDs are on the bulb and how they are configured. Mine are pretty bright. I'd most likely say that they are much brighter than stock. It would be easier to be sure if I had ordered the same color as the stock bulbs, but I like the pure white.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meantaco View Post
any body knows were can i buy the courtesy bulb i want to change it for a led bulb (white)?
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...-exterior.html
Old 05-27-2010, 05:46 PM   #15
It's a work in progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noneck180 View Post
I hate my orange dash lights.. had blue in my VW..loved it.
Change them:
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=180314
Old 05-30-2010, 11:21 AM   #16
Addicted
flightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flightcancled's Tacoma Gallery
Definately digging all the Derder stickers! Nice work!