Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Help with fog light mod

Old 05-24-2010, 10:10 AM   #1
MonStar
Koov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Koov's Tacoma Gallery
Help with fog light mod

Been reading about fog light mod and there are so many ways to do it. Also, read there were some problems, etc.

What is the best way and simplest way to do the fog light mod for a 2nd gen.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:14 AM   #2
MAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MAXTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I've never done it as the DIY looked to be more complicated than I wanted to get into. It would be nice if there was a easy was to do it.
Old 05-24-2010, 12:06 PM   #4
Evasive Maneuvers PMKMS
tacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud of

tacobox's Tacoma Gallery
What is this green wire? Is it "hot" all the time, Or just when the ign is on or when the parking lights are on? Just wondering what it runs to and when it gets it's power.
Old 05-24-2010, 12:11 PM   #5
Jcannon is on a distinguished road

Navy: In-Flight Tech
Name: Jay
Jcannon's Tacoma Gallery
It is "hot" when the ign is on.
Old 05-24-2010, 12:16 PM   #7
Evasive Maneuvers PMKMS
tacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud of

tacobox's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cohrmundt View Post
the green wire goes to the ignition, so you will be able to turn your foglights on and off only when your ignition is in the ON position. I think this is the best way to do the foglight mod so you dont every accidently leave your foglights on.
cool thanks guys, that's what I was thinkin but just makin sure. I like runnin parking lights & fogs. Goin to do this now actually. BB in 5 ha
Old 05-24-2010, 02:39 PM   #8
MonStar
Koov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Koov's Tacoma Gallery
so the green wire connects with the blue wire?

sorry, I'm confused. I need a step by step
Old 05-24-2010, 02:49 PM   #9
Local Man
bigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bigburrito's Tacoma Gallery
get a female spade connector, connect it to the blue relay as pictured above. you have to bend the post on the relay out in order for this to work.
then just get a quick splice from your local auto parts store, and splice into the green wire pictured above.

ther is nothing to do with a blue wire of any kind.
Old 05-24-2010, 03:08 PM   #10
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Look at post #9. This was the way I did it.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...html#post45430
Old 05-24-2010, 04:48 PM   #11
Baja bound
619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Call me Rocco
619Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswego View Post
look at the pics.......the wire that's doing the splice is white

1) take any color wire you have sitting around cut it approx 8" long
2) quick splice it (or whatever method you choose) to the GREEN wire
3) Take the other end of your 8" wire and attach it to the BLUE relay

It's as simple as that ^^^^ SUPPPPPPPEEERRRR EASY!
Once you are done, you will laugh at yourself for thinking it was difficult.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:07 PM   #12
♥ Emergency Medicine
m0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: B.S, NREMT
m0nster986's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet thanks!
Old 06-03-2010, 01:36 PM   #14
2010 trd sport has a spectacular aura about2010 trd sport has a spectacular aura about2010 trd sport has a spectacular aura about

2010 trd sport's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckeyTRD View Post
works great. now i can blind people with my hi's and my fogs hahahaha!
I'll get you! hahahahahaha
Old 06-03-2010, 08:17 PM   #15
Htnswches is on a distinguished road

Name: E
Htnswches's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Jump the blue box

and splice it into the green wire

so easy a drunken monkey could do it while shaving
Maybe the drunk monkey can head my way. Did this exactly and nothing. No fogs with or without headlights...??????
Old 06-03-2010, 10:03 PM   #16
LIVESTRONG
Bullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bullzi511Tacoma06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Htnswches View Post
Maybe the drunk monkey can head my way. Did this exactly and nothing. No fogs with or without headlights...??????
Not to be a smartass, but you did push the fog light button in, right??
Old 06-03-2010, 10:20 PM   #17
LIVESTRONG
Bullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bullzi511Tacoma06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
even if your not being a smart ass thats

I hope that's it. I feel bad now - should of given better pics with more descriptive steps.
Well, if he spliced into the green wire and connected to the blue box, it should definitely be working... I even got this mod right on the first shot, and a drunken monkey can out do me on lots of truck mods!
Old 06-03-2010, 10:21 PM   #18
raycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant future

raycie's Tacoma Gallery
I did the other way and tapped into the tow relay (if you have the towing package). Fogs get power with my parking lights on.. but to each's own..
Old 06-04-2010, 12:12 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullzi511Tacoma06 View Post
Not to be a smartass, but you did push the fog light button in, right??
Hey that's an idea.....but yes pushed button in and out but nothing. Checked the connections,seems to be ok. Maybe it's the splice, perhaps it didn't make contact. I'll try again, don't want the monkey to one up me
Old 06-04-2010, 02:08 PM   #20

Update: So the root of my problems was the splice. Done,they're working now but I realized that one of my parking light bulbs is out and the lenses are looking hazy,plastic polish? Off to Vatozone I go.....grassy ass fellas!