1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Ddm hid question

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by BigSteve, May 25, 2010.

1. May 25, 2010 at 2:03 PM
    BigSteve

BigSteve [OP] So-Cal Member

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    06' White Tacoma PreRunner
    Magnaflow exhaust, K&N cold air intake, Pioneer 4100 headunit w/ usb i-pod connection, 12-inch sub and 600 watt amp, tint, LED dome lights
    Alright so I installed my 35w 4500k HIDs about a month or two ago, and i love the brightness and the color however the one thing that is bugging me is the light pattern. I know that a lot of people will say that because i have the lights in a reflector housing it will spray light all over the place, and I agree that is the truth. But my problem I am having is that when switch between low and high beams, there is not much of a difference in the way that the road is lit up (or at least nothing compared to stock halogens). Could this be that I don't have my lights aimed properly, or is it that the lights are defective and the metal shield is not allowing enough light to hit the bottom of the reflector housing when I switch between hi/lo?

If you guys have any advice or input from your past experiences in installing/aiming HIDs please throw it all out there. Hopefully this wasn't too confusing...

2. May 25, 2010 at 2:09 PM
    Viet2100

Viet2100 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Viet
    South Florida
    Vehicle:
    2016 Prius 4T
    The DDM kit uses a solenoid to pull the bulb back. Unfortunately, it does not pull the bulb back by much, and the shield's opening for the bulb is very restricted.

Products Discussed in

To Top