Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Connector for factory fog switch

Old 05-25-2010, 05:31 PM   #1
dougarmintrout is on a distinguished road
Name: Doug
dougarmintrout's Tacoma Gallery
Connector for factory fog switch

I bought a factory fog light switch for my 2010 off e-bay thanks to a tip from Tacoma World. The back of the switch is designed to take a specific connector. I want to use this switch for something other than Toyota fog lights. This device has it's own harness and switch but I want to hook it up to this factory part. How do I get just the connector? I have scoured this site knowing the answer is there somewhere but after hours of looking I could use some help. Thanks in advance.
Old 05-25-2010, 09:29 PM   #2
-Empty-
KaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Aaron
KaoskrewPB's Tacoma Gallery
I did the exact same thing you did-
I'm lookig for the site that I ordered from.
Gimme a sec
Old 05-25-2010, 09:57 PM   #3
-Empty-
KaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Ok go to this link, http://www.toyotapart.com/EXOR.html , and enter part number 90980-11090 put in a quantity of "1".
Enter this part number 82998-12340 and you need a quantity of "4"
For those of you that haven't ordered the fog switch itself yet, here is the part number. The switch is the exact same as the stock switch, but for some reason you have to file down the outter edges after you pop the blank out of the dash to make the switch fit (very minimal filing required)
84160-04010

Pin-outs for the fog switch:

"There are four terminals on the Tacoma switch. Looking at the rear of the switch with the locking tab on the right and starting at the top, the terminals are as follows:

1. Input 12V from IPF Harness ( this is the red wire that comes off the UL002 IPF Harness). You can check continuity from bare end wire of the harness to the red wire that is attached to the connector where the UL002 comes in.

2. Red wire feed to relay (this is the other red wire that comes in from the IPF harness)

3. 12V for switch light (I jumpered this from terminal 1 so that when teh marker/head lamps are on the switch is illuminated)

4. Ground"
Old 05-25-2010, 10:09 PM   #5
-Empty-
We can talk some more if you want
Old 05-25-2010, 10:20 PM   #7
-Empty-
Ewwww baseball
Old 05-26-2010, 10:52 AM   #9
dougarmintrout is on a distinguished road
Name: Doug
dougarmintrout's Tacoma Gallery
KaoskrewPB - you rock. Thanks for the part numbers.
Old 05-26-2010, 01:13 PM   #10
-Empty-
Hey no problem man.
Let me know if you have any more questions
Old 05-26-2010, 04:46 PM   #11
-Empty-
-
Old 06-16-2010, 02:31 PM   #12
Its all mod on the inside
hoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud of

Navy: DCC(SW/AW)
hoeflich's Tacoma Gallery
Ordered parts rep given

Hey man, just ordered those parts, will it connect to a hella 700 light connector? It has ground, Relay, 12V on my existing hella switch. Thanks
Old 06-16-2010, 08:58 PM   #13
-Empty-
It should work, I would tell you how to hook them up, but I'm not sure because I didn't do the electrical myself.
I'm sure you can find a wiring diagram for the switch somewhere, I'll see if I can find it.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:06 PM   #14
-Empty-
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoeflich View Post
Hey man, just ordered those parts, will it connect to a hella 700 light connector? It has ground, Relay, 12V on my existing hella switch. Thanks
The parts I have listed above are Only the connector and the wires, it does not list the fog switch itself, I will find the part number for the fog switch and edit the post so people looking for complete set can just go by that.
The reason I only posted those 2 part numbers is because the OP already ordered the fog switch, he just needed the connecter an wires
Old 06-16-2010, 09:21 PM   #15
-Empty-
Ok here you go, this was borrowed from an old post at the fj cruiser forums,

"There are four terminals on the Tacoma switch. Looking at the rear of the switch with the locking tab on the right and starting at the top, the terminals are as follows:
1. Input 12V from IPF Harness ( this is the red wire that comes off the UL002 IPF Harness). You can check continuity from bare end wire of the harness to the red wire that is attached to the connector where the UL002 comes in.

2. Red wire feed to relay (this is the other red wire that comes in from the IPF harness)

3. 12V for switch light (I jumpered this from terminal 1 so that when teh marker/head lamps are on the switch is illuminated)

4. Ground"
Old 06-16-2010, 09:23 PM   #16
-Empty-
My post 2nd post has been editted with all new info.

Good luck and thanks for the rep!
Old 03-04-2011, 02:59 PM   #17
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
lembowski's Tacoma Gallery
Subbed for later
Old 03-15-2011, 06:26 PM   #18
blacoma42 is on a distinguished road
Army: SGT 341st Engineer Company
blacoma42's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the info Aaron...Ive been trying to figure out where to get these parts for a while! Very helpful
Old 03-15-2011, 09:15 PM   #19
-Empty-
No problem