Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Rear Auxiliary Lighting Mod

Old 05-26-2010, 05:58 PM   #1
Cracker in a Taco
KnurledNut is just really niceKnurledNut is just really niceKnurledNut is just really niceKnurledNut is just really niceKnurledNut is just really nice
Marines: 1st MarDiv
KnurledNut's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up Rear Auxiliary Lighting Mod

I got a great deal on some DOT LED lighting. Normally I wouldn't do this but it was super cheap and easy. And man-o-man does it light up the back end. No excuse for not seeing my lights now!

I only had to drill one hole for a SS sheetmetal screw w/ spacer. All other attachment points were existing. The wiring is tapped into the respective taillight harness.

The amber turn signals are called Sequential Arrows. There are 5 arrows that fire in sync and sequence with the existing turn signals. The brake lights are wired for tail/stop.

The pics don't do these lights justice. Now that it's dark they really throw some light. The sequential arrows almost fire like strobes. Sorry but I can't night video.

Old 05-26-2010, 06:01 PM   #2
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
thats cool.....
Old 05-26-2010, 06:06 PM   #3
UG legend wannabe
snowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
snowgod06's Tacoma Gallery
A+ for doing something different. But ummm not really liking it. But hey good work on it tho, looks like a clean install.
Old 05-26-2010, 06:21 PM   #4
Cracker in a Taco
KnurledNut is just really niceKnurledNut is just really niceKnurledNut is just really niceKnurledNut is just really niceKnurledNut is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgod06 View Post
A+ for doing something different. But ummm not really liking it. But hey good work on it tho, looks like a clean install.
I can respect it being different. Thanks for the install comment. I took my time, almost 4 hours. Including some beer time.

I commute 200+ plus miles. Lighting is important to me. If it saves my ass one time, it's worth it.
Old 05-26-2010, 06:47 PM   #5
Master of War
shitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud of

Name: Ant
shitroc's Tacoma Gallery
looks good, clean install. not my cup of tea but props to you for the install.
Old 05-26-2010, 06:48 PM   #6
Mr. Boombastic
TacoIII will become famous soon enoughTacoIII will become famous soon enough

Air Force: Security forces
Name: Andrew
TacoIII's Tacoma Gallery
i like it but it would get ripped off.
Old 05-26-2010, 07:54 PM   #7
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Very functional.

Not my thing visually, I would have cut them into the bumper.

Props for being unique!
Old 05-27-2010, 02:41 AM   #8
j1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Justin
j1999t's Tacoma Gallery
id probably cut them for my rear bumper and put them inside it, maybe masked with mesh, and paint matched to the vehicle, where did you get these?
Old 05-27-2010, 03:58 AM   #9
Cracker in a Taco
Quote:
Originally Posted by j1999t View Post
id probably cut them for my rear bumper and put them inside it, maybe masked with mesh, and paint matched to the vehicle, where did you get these?
Found them at the flea market. $15 for these plus another 10 smaller sizes and shapes.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:01 AM   #10
Taco Supremist
spearhead is a name known to allspearhead is a name known to allspearhead is a name known to allspearhead is a name known to allspearhead is a name known to allspearhead is a name known to all

spearhead's Tacoma Gallery
Curious, did you look into the LED strip light bars that also show reverse lights? They are more expensive but would keep your ground clearance in check back there..
something like these:?
http://store.newlevelmotorsports.com/filedtrtalib.html
Old 05-27-2010, 03:11 PM   #11
Cracker in a Taco
Quote:
Originally Posted by spearhead View Post
Curious, did you look into the LED strip light bars that also show reverse lights? They are more expensive but would keep your ground clearance in check back there..
something like these:?
http://store.newlevelmotorsports.com/filedtrtalib.html
I did check those out. But when I saw this box of 14 LED lights, brackets, and wiring I couldn't pass it up. I'm not sure how long these will stay installed. I went out last night after midnight and they are brighter than I could imagine. I hope the local cops don't have issues with them.
Old 05-30-2010, 12:23 PM   #12
Addicted
flightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flightcancled's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know about the under the bumper mount, but done on the bottom of the back windo would be cool.
Old 05-30-2010, 09:08 PM   #13
clarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement: SE Mass police department
clarkie152's Tacoma Gallery
I know with the gen 1 chrome bumper they are hollow. so if it were me, id dremel the bumper and insert the plates into the bumper. so it all intergrated. that just me tho