Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Led hood lights!

Old 06-12-2010, 08:03 PM   #41
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eltaco View Post
Oh goodness, I thought for sure I was going to see some mid-90s Honda Civic crap on the wiper spray nozzles! haha!
Sorry to disappoint!
Old 07-12-2010, 10:27 AM   #43
Karo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaro is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Karo
Karo's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome! Can't wait to do this one! Nice pics n write up
Old 10-07-2010, 02:52 PM   #44
Logically Insane is a name known to allLogically Insane is a name known to allLogically Insane is a name known to allLogically Insane is a name known to allLogically Insane is a name known to allLogically Insane is a name known to all

Name: Wes
Logically Insane's Tacoma Gallery
Do you just have them 3M Taped up in there? I'm probably going to do this soon.. Nice clean idea
Old 10-09-2010, 03:51 PM   #45
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Yes. Light come with tape already on the back
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logically Insane View Post
Do you just have them 3M Taped up in there? I'm probably going to do this soon.. Nice clean idea
Old 10-10-2010, 09:10 AM   #46
Logically Insane is a name known to allLogically Insane is a name known to allLogically Insane is a name known to allLogically Insane is a name known to allLogically Insane is a name known to allLogically Insane is a name known to all

Yeah I picked some up the other day, hoping to install sometime today.. i take it the tape is holding strong?
Old 10-10-2010, 07:49 PM   #47
RidinHigh
SmallTacoBigDream is a glorious beacon of lightSmallTacoBigDream is a glorious beacon of lightSmallTacoBigDream is a glorious beacon of lightSmallTacoBigDream is a glorious beacon of lightSmallTacoBigDream is a glorious beacon of lightSmallTacoBigDream is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Beau
SmallTacoBigDream's Tacoma Gallery
sub for later
Old 10-10-2010, 08:31 PM   #48
greatfuldead is on a distinguished road

greatfuldead's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up LED UNDER HOOD

I have 8 10mm LED bulbs mounted in the front center of the hood and a mercury switch. The bulbs are too dim, I ordered some ultra bright bulbs, I hope these will brighten it up, if not I'll add another bank of bulbs.
Old 10-13-2010, 06:11 PM   #49

Well I finally got around to doing this.. Didnt realize how stressful it can be to mess with the conduit.. lol

Only got a couple of pics, may try to add some more when it gets daylight again...

anyways...
I wish mine was as clean as the OP's but eh it'll do..

I also wanted mine on a toggle switch.. So I decided to build a custom bracket and this is what I came up with.. I'm thinking of adding one of those safety covers to make sure it stays off when I want it off...

Excuse the hammer marks, I get mean with a hammer lol..
Old 10-15-2010, 07:09 PM   #50
Famous Fabrication

DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well I finally got around to doing this.. Didnt realize how stressful it can be to mess with the conduit.. lol

Only got a couple of pics, may try to add some more when it gets daylight again...

anyways...

I also wanted mine on a toggle switch.. So I decided to build a custom bracket and this is what I came up with.. I'm thinking of adding one of those safety covers to make sure it stays off when I want it off...

Looks good homeskillet. Mine only look good because I redone it a second time. Trial and error. Oh, and I'm anal.
Old 10-15-2010, 07:10 PM   #51
Famous Fabrication

DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

anyways...

Looks good homeskillet. Mine only look good because I redone it a second time. Trial and error. Oh, and I'm anal.
Bright enough for ya?
Old 10-15-2010, 07:14 PM   #52
ttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
ttylerr's Tacoma Gallery
cool mod... not really for me though... i'm banking on the fact that my engine bay will only have to be opened up in the day light during scheduled maintenance and routine checks
Old 10-15-2010, 09:03 PM   #53
Famous Fabrication

DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttylerr View Post
cool mod... not really for me though... i'm banking on the fact that my engine bay will only have to be opened up in the day light during scheduled maintenance and routine checks
Understand your theory and strongly disagree. Lemme know when you come upon a situation and wish you had done this mod.
Old 10-17-2010, 09:28 AM   #54

Exactly, no one ever plans to break down.. But its nice to know if something happened, you'd at least be able to see... (Unless its your battery thats dead.. lol)
Old 11-18-2010, 05:43 PM   #55
If you want it bad, you usually get it bad!
Mark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LCDR Mustang (Ret) - 30 yrs - Submarine and Target Service
Name: Mark
Mark C.'s Tacoma Gallery
I did this using oznium flood LEDs and a reed switch I modified using a rare earth magnet. Works great. Same idea.
Engine Compartment Flood LEDs
Engine Compartment Flood LEDs

Old 11-23-2010, 07:53 AM   #57
tisher49 is a jewel in the roughtisher49 is a jewel in the roughtisher49 is a jewel in the roughtisher49 is a jewel in the rough
Name: Alex
tisher49's Tacoma Gallery
ok so I haven't really messed around with any mods involving adding fuses or anything like, so excuse my dumb questions.

1) Where can I get an add-a-fuse and does it just let me run a wire to another location in the fuse box?

2) How do I know that the fuse placement I choose will be getting constant power?
Old 11-23-2010, 08:09 AM   #58
If you want it bad, you usually get it bad!
Mark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LCDR Mustang (Ret) - 30 yrs - Submarine and Target Service
Name: Mark
Mark C.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tisher49 View Post
ok so I haven't really messed around with any mods involving adding fuses or anything like, so excuse my dumb questions.

1) Where can I get an add-a-fuse and does it just let me run a wire to another location in the fuse box?

2) How do I know that the fuse placement I choose will be getting constant power?
"Add a fuse" can be bought at autozone, advanced auto parts, and other places that are similar. An add a fuse is used to bring power to either the relay coil, or the object(s) being powered (lights).

Check the source you are using for power with the ignition on and then off, also with lights on and then off. Or....you can look in the mods and tutorials. There are Tacoma wiring and fuse layout diagrams there...for both the engine compartment fuse block and the block under the dash.

Try this: http://www.ncttora.com/fsm/

Old 11-23-2010, 08:18 AM   #59
USFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Medical
Name: Jeff
USFCON's Tacoma Gallery
might have to try, me likey!
Old 11-23-2010, 08:40 AM   #60
tisher49 is a jewel in the roughtisher49 is a jewel in the roughtisher49 is a jewel in the roughtisher49 is a jewel in the rough
Name: Alex
tisher49's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark C. View Post
"Add a fuse" can be bought at autozone, advanced auto parts, and other places that are similar. An add a fuse is used to bring power to either the relay coil, or the object(s) being powered (lights).

Check the source you are using for power with the ignition on and then off, also with lights on and then off. Or....you can look in the mods and tutorials. There are Tacoma wiring and fuse layout diagrams there...for both the engine compartment fuse block and the block under the dash.

Try this: http://www.ncttora.com/fsm/

awesome thanks a lot...i'll pick one up this afternoon.