LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Led hood lights!

Old 11-23-2010, 10:27 AM   #61
If you want it bad, you usually get it bad!
Mark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LCDR Mustang (Ret) - 30 yrs - Submarine and Target Service
Name: Mark
Mark C.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tisher49 View Post
awesome thanks a lot...i'll pick one up this afternoon.

Good Luck! Might as well pick up a relay while you're there. They only cost about $5.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:35 PM   #63
Average JOE is a splendid one to beholdAverage JOE is a splendid one to beholdAverage JOE is a splendid one to beholdAverage JOE is a splendid one to beholdAverage JOE is a splendid one to beholdAverage JOE is a splendid one to beholdAverage JOE is a splendid one to behold

Army: 4ID
Name: Matt
Average JOE's Tacoma Gallery
I will be doing this on Mon. I will blame you if anything goes wrong!!!

JK

Thanks for the write-up.
Old 05-07-2011, 02:09 AM   #64
Drewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Drew
Drewboto's Tacoma Gallery
Looks really good. I had bad luck with my pin switch. It was either too close or too far from the hood.
Old 11-25-2011, 10:36 PM   #66
Huskerfan04 is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
Huskerfan04's Tacoma Gallery
I just got this done and the lights are awesome! The trickiest part was getting the wire ran inside the hood and out the small hole in the corner of the hood, but kept at it and finally got it.

Old 11-25-2011, 11:09 PM   #67
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskerfan04 View Post
I just got this done and the lights are awesome! The trickiest part was getting the wire ran inside the hood and out the small hole in the corner of the hood, but kept at it and finally got it.

Wait until a Tech at Toyota pops your hood now!

Looks good! And yes, that is the hardest part.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:31 PM   #68
Toy taco
bluesteel731 will become famous soon enough
bluesteel731's Tacoma Gallery
any problems with the heat and the adhesive losing grip?
Old 11-28-2011, 10:43 PM   #69
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Not yet! Been a long while and everything still works perfect!
Old 12-16-2011, 11:39 PM   #71
rdm197aps is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdm197aps is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdm197aps is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdm197aps is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdm197aps is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdm197aps is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdm197aps is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdm197aps is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdm197aps is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdm197aps is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdm197aps is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement: Officer
Name: Rick
rdm197aps's Tacoma Gallery
i have those same LEDs as running lights on my Concours14, and they've been on there about 6 months. its my daily rider, 2 hour round trip to work, 4 day work week, plus weekend riding... i'd say right at about 2 million hours on those bad boys and still going strong!!!
Old 01-12-2012, 07:56 PM   #72
Odie
trdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

trdNick's Tacoma Gallery
i finished this mod and it is amazing! great right up and awesome job!

Old 01-12-2012, 09:23 PM   #73
Famous Fabrication

DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by trdNick View Post
i finished this mod and it is amazing! great right up and awesome job!

Looks awesome!

After a bit or time, you may need to throw a washer under the switch. My hood is popped and dropped so much that I know have a slight dent in the hood where it hits the switch. Thus not allowing the switch to fully dissengage and the lights will come on if hooked to a constant +.
Old 12-29-2012, 08:56 PM   #74
nfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GSM1
Name: Chris
nfs257's Tacoma Gallery
HMMMMM wonder if this will work with the fiberglass hood.... I have everything but the pin switch to do this and hesitate...
Old 11-17-2013, 07:12 PM   #75
Sommes is on a distinguished road

Sommes's Tacoma Gallery
hopefully the tape holds up...
Attached Thumbnails
Led hood lights!-hamilton-2-20131117-00421.jpg   Led hood lights!-hamilton-2-20131117-00418.jpg  
Old 11-17-2013, 08:01 PM   #76
Famous Fabrication

DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommes View Post
hopefully the tape holds up...