Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

55w washout and flood vs pencil?

Old 06-01-2010, 02:10 PM   #1
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
55w washout and flood vs pencil?

1.)Does anyone know really how much washout there is on 55w HID kits? I want to convert some hella 500s (or something similar) to HID with 55w bulbs, but I want the color to be equivalent to a 4300k 35w bulb. Can anyone point me in the right direction here?

2.) I plan on putting 4 offroad lights onto the front of my truck and I was wondering how do I know whether an offroad light I am looking at is a pencil beam pattern or if it has a flood beam pattern. I stopped at Wallyworld the other day and looked at some Hellas, but it didn't say anything about pencil/flood light pattern.

Any help is appreciated!
Old 06-01-2010, 04:04 PM   #2
wing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud of

wing103's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wing103 Send a message via AIM to wing103 Send a message via MSN to wing103 Send a message via Yahoo to wing103 Send a message via Skype™ to wing103
I believe some where in this forum have a member convert the Hella 500 to HID, it look very bright, and if you have four of it, I believe it is not a matter it is a pencil or flood light pattern.
Old 06-01-2010, 04:08 PM   #3
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Flood normally have a lens that has a design in it so it will spread the light everywhere. (at least thats how KC lights are) and Pencil beams will say Long Distance on the box and have a clear lens. (Also on KC Lights)
Old 06-02-2010, 06:36 AM   #4
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Normally it will say on the box, long range or driving or euro beam pattern.

this is where I got mine and they are pencil beams. the cheapest Ive found too

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HLA-H13750601

here's the link for the driving and fog beams

http://www.autosportcatalog.com/inde...:referralID=NA
Old 06-02-2010, 07:52 AM   #5
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
You will probably end up near 4700K while the bulb is new. If you are over 5K you bulb will temp shift back toward 5K.
Old 06-02-2010, 08:21 AM   #6
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
the ones at wal mart are the 500FF's which are the Driving beams.