Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Off road light info

Old 06-02-2010, 08:29 AM   #1
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Off road light info

there are 3 Primary beam patters

Driving- like normal headlights but will be brighter and shine a little bit further

Pencil/spot- A concentrated beam that will shine very far but not very wide.

Fog- shines very wide and close, wont normally go farther than your headlights

here are some charts for the different lights and outputs they give
FOG
http://www.rallylights.com/hella/ISOLUX_fog.aspx

Driving and pencil
http://www.rallylights.com/hella/ISOLUX_driving.aspx

Here is a chart I put together to give a gerneral idea on how the beams will look.

Link to offroad lighting
http://www.autoanything.com/lights/10A50169.aspx

Cheapest Hella 500's Ive found, since a lot of people use these and ask about them.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HLA-H13750601
Convert your hella's to HID's
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...onversion.html

LightForce lights are really good lights as well. with these you can simply change the filters that clip on the front of them to change your beam pattern or color

Feel free to add any info you think would be helpfull
Old 06-02-2010, 08:54 AM   #2
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Cool! Thanks!
Old 06-02-2010, 04:14 PM   #4
James3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
James3492's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to James3492 Send a message via Skype™ to James3492
I like. Good
Old 06-03-2010, 09:47 AM   #5
sooner02r1 is just really nicesooner02r1 is just really nicesooner02r1 is just really nicesooner02r1 is just really nicesooner02r1 is just really nice
sooner02r1's Tacoma Gallery
I'm proud of you. Hella 500s are some of the lowest output offroad lights available. I used to have 4 of them and they weren't even very bright with 4 running.

Check out Hella 4000
Baja Designs Soltek
Light Force
Kragen HID
Rigid Industries LED
Vision X

Do a little searching, this stuff has been discussed a million times.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:51 AM   #6
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner02r1 View Post
I'm proud of you. Hella 500s are some of the lowest output offroad lights available. I used to have 4 of them and they weren't even very bright with 4 running.

Check out Hella 4000
Baja Designs Soltek
Light Force
Kragen HID
Rigid Industries LED
Vision X

Do a little searching, this stuff has been discussed a million times.
I'll agree with that. I have 4 of them as well. Thats why I converted the center two to HID's.
Now I dont even bother turning on the outside pair

If you've got the money all of those, minus the kragens, are very nice lights.
Old 06-05-2010, 08:30 PM   #7
Wandering But Not Lost
Rattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to behold

Rattler's Tacoma Gallery
That is why I like my LFs. They can be any of the 3 with the change of a filter.
Old 06-05-2010, 11:02 PM   #8
Voodoo Rufus is just really niceVoodoo Rufus is just really niceVoodoo Rufus is just really niceVoodoo Rufus is just really nice

Name: Jason
Voodoo Rufus's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like you did your homework. I've been drooling over some of the rallylights.com options for my Subaru and Tacoma for a while.
Old 06-06-2010, 01:06 AM   #9
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
For Hella 4000's there's 4 options, They have Fogs, Cornering, Euro, and Pencil

I believe Euro beams are the most All around beam. They throw a beam pretty far and Flood pretty good.
Old 06-06-2010, 08:24 AM   #11
Jimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud of

Name: Jim
Jimmyjohn's Tacoma Gallery
Hey thanks for the info it took some time for you to gather it all up.
Old 06-09-2010, 01:47 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatThePho? View Post
For Hella 4000's there's 4 options, They have Fogs, Cornering, Euro, and Pencil

I believe Euro beams are the most All around beam. They throw a beam pretty far and Flood pretty good.
Yup, the Euro lights are pretty much the best all around beam

No problem guys. Ive alwasy been a fan of lighting, flashlights when I was a kid but now that I have a truck its bigger lights now

I still love flashlights too
Old 06-09-2010, 07:35 PM   #13
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keason1* View Post
Yup, the Euro lights are pretty much the best all around beam

No problem guys. Ive alwasy been a fan of lighting, flashlights when I was a kid but now that I have a truck its bigger lights now

I still love flashlights too
Fellow CPF'er?
Old 06-09-2010, 07:48 PM   #14
Wandering But Not Lost
Rattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to behold

Rattler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Fellow CPF'er?
I lurked on there a bit a while back. Thats how I found out about the Rayovac 3oo lumen camping lantern I just ordered.
Old 06-10-2010, 06:54 AM   #15

Quote:
Fellow CPF'er?
No, but I just found a new site to lurk! Thanks!
Old 06-10-2010, 11:15 PM   #16
eltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud of
Army:
eltaco's Tacoma Gallery
I just put in some IPF 968s... interesting beam pattern, I am digging it.

In the future, if I decide to go HID, do you think I'd be able to mod these similarly to the 500s?
Old 06-10-2010, 11:37 PM   #17
Greg Graffin 2016

It's a Pretty cool site. All those Mag light Mods.
Old 06-11-2010, 06:38 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltaco View Post
I just put in some IPF 968s... interesting beam pattern, I am digging it.

In the future, if I decide to go HID, do you think I'd be able to mod these similarly to the 500s?

Not sure man? Ill look into it a bit and let you know if I find out anything

EDIT: I couldnt find out what size bulb they use but Im sure its just an H3 bulb like the majority of aux lights use. Im pretty sure you could mod them just like the hella's but without seeing them in person I cant give you a 100%. if you can install your own aux lights im sure you would be fine doing this mod too
Old 06-11-2010, 08:28 AM   #19
eltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud of
Army:
eltaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keason1* View Post
Not sure man? Ill look into it a bit and let you know if I find out anything

EDIT: I couldnt find out what size bulb they use but Im sure its just an H3 bulb like the majority of aux lights use. Im pretty sure you could mod them just like the hella's but without seeing them in person I cant give you a 100%. if you can install your own aux lights im sure you would be fine doing this mod too
I'm sure that you're right... just have to wait until I get home. I'm doing a 1200+ mi trip next week, and wanted to have the lights set up before I leave. HIDs can come later.

You were correct in your assumption. H3 100w lights in my IPF 968s.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:31 AM   #20

^at least they are 100w bulbs..my hella's came with 55w bulbs, very weak