Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Damn electrical problems!

Old 06-02-2010, 08:31 PM   #1
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
Damn electrical problems!

okay remember a few months ago both my head lights went out at the same time, well today my corner lights tail lights dash lights radio lights and map light died, the day before my clock spring died (airbag light is on and horn and Cruise dont work) my fire lights also quit working my trans is dieing and i keep getting check engine codes for my transfer case short circuiting and keep randomly popping into 4wd, not to mention my u joints need to be not greased but replaced and my head lights still need to be fixed from my wreck in Jan.

summed up to close to 5k not including the new transmission and the fact that i recently did a SAS because it was cheaper than replacing my obliterated IFS

also i have a job over the summer that is over 100 miles away one way on my mud tires, its gonna eat them up

not to mention that i am now broke and need to borrows mommys money, she doesnt want to fund it or buy me a new old truck grrrr

not to mention i have to drive to school and i got warned by a cop that if he sees me again im getting citations

Fuck* now back to the question, wtf do yall think my electrical problem is, plus i go through head lights every 3 monthsish
Old 06-02-2010, 08:40 PM   #2
Watching Chris4x4 o.O
borderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Royal Canadian Navy: Leading seaman, Electrical Technician, CFFS(E), Pacific Fleet
Name: Jeremy
borderbrat's Tacoma Gallery
there.s some grounds in your wire loom. Some wires have worn through. Start looking in the easy to access spots (under the dash, behind the glove box, under the hood) if you can't find any worn wire its time to tear your dash apart my friend. don't think it'll be an evening job.
Old 06-02-2010, 08:51 PM   #3
Lifted 'n Locked 4WD Prerunner
01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
01tacoprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to 01tacoprerunner
Damn man, sounds like you should have gotten a new truck rather than doing the sas. I wish i could help ya man, but electrical stuff is just confusing, ill keep a look out for a Tranny for ya thou, cause im always checking craigslist.
Old 06-02-2010, 08:58 PM   #4
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01tacoprerunner View Post
Damn man, sounds like you should have gotten a new truck rather than doing the sas. I wish i could help ya man, but electrical stuff is just confusing, ill keep a look out for a Tranny for ya thou, cause im always checking craigslist.
i got a trans, it cost 1,100. i dont regret the sas though
Old 06-03-2010, 07:30 PM   #6
I like to break shit!

Firefighter:
both are still good
Old 06-03-2010, 07:57 PM   #7
Three Percenter
SampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Steve
SampleFool's Tacoma Gallery
If all those are going out at the same time its either a power supply or a ground prob, I would guess more of a gorund because that what it is most the time. Couldnt hurt to tear it all down and snoop around the wires.