Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Lights Auto Off does not work from passenger door

Old 06-06-2010, 11:42 AM   #1
James
jamesglynn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamesglynn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamesglynn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamesglynn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamesglynn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamesglynn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamesglynn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamesglynn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamesglynn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamesglynn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamesglynn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
jamesglynn's Tacoma Gallery
Lights Auto Off does not work from passenger door

I know there is a reason for this, but I'm not smart enough to figure it out, so I thought I would go to my friends of TW to find out.
Today, when I arrived at church in my 2010 DC, (with headlights on), I got out of the truck. After walking towards the church entrance I realized I left a CD in the Taco that I needed, the passenger side was closer so I opened up the passenger door, put key in ignition, turned to on, got CD out of player, locked up truck and went inside. Several minutes later, someone came up to me and said "you mean on that fancy new Toyota of yours, the lights won't go off automatically". I went outside and turned them off, thinking something was wrong. After my research this afternoon, I figured out that the passenger door opening or closing will not turn off the headlights, the driver door only does that. Does anyone know why this is, I'm sure there is a good reason, I just can't figure it out. Thanks for your help.
Old 06-06-2010, 02:03 PM   #2
t_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to all
Name: Erik
t_e's Tacoma Gallery
im almost positive it only works from the driver door.
Old 06-06-2010, 04:32 PM   #3
oldwestbailbonds is on a distinguished road
Name: ron
oldwestbailbonds's Tacoma Gallery
light staying on

hey bud im new here but i may have a solution too your problem. i think that the other post may be correct but also check the door contact as it is a normally open circuit. when you open the door it closes the circuit usually turning on the interior lights but may be interconnected. i dont have a diagram in front of me but it may be stuck in the closed position. hope this helps
Old 06-06-2010, 08:54 PM   #4
James
jamesglynn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamesglynn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamesglynn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamesglynn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamesglynn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamesglynn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamesglynn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamesglynn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamesglynn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamesglynn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamesglynn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
jamesglynn's Tacoma Gallery
May have not explained myself well.
I'm not saying there is a problem, I actually think it was designed to do this.
Just wondering why it is set up this way?
Old 06-07-2010, 03:13 PM   #5
02tacoma2.7 is on a distinguished road

Name: Barrett
02tacoma2.7's Tacoma Gallery
Not sounding smart but most people when driving get done they get out on the drivers side. there is really no need for one a the pass side IMO.
Old 06-07-2010, 03:54 PM   #6
clarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement: SE Mass police department
clarkie152's Tacoma Gallery
just think of it this way : if you are waiting for someone to get in your truck (outside of a friends house) and you turn your truck off, do you want your lights going off when they get in? or same goes for people getting out before you

also, not sure but most CD players you dont need to turn on the truck to eject a cd.