LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

IPF Offroad wiring questions

Old 06-06-2010, 05:16 PM   #1
eltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud of
Army:
eltaco's Tacoma Gallery
IPF Offroad wiring questions

Well, my whirlwind of projects is nearing an end. I'm just now wiring in my IPF 968 offroad light and had a couple of questions... hopefully someone can answer these.

1. There's a yellow wire that attaches into the switch harness on one end. On the other end, it says to tap into the high beam wire. Unfortunately, I don't have a tester handy... can anyone tell me (on the bulb end) which color wire is the high beam?

2. There's a black wire with a spade connector on the end. The instructions say "Refer to instructions before securing this wire." No joke, the instructions tell me to refer to the instructions. I don't see this referenced anywhere else. Can someone point me in the right direction here? This wire goes directly to the relay.

Thanks
Old 08-24-2013, 06:21 PM   #2
Bushytaco is on a distinguished road
Bushytaco's Tacoma Gallery
if you pull back the wires from the headlight and use the Yellow and red coloured one- i tapped into that one for the same lights.
You tried the 100w bulbs included? i installed them and shortly after the lights aren't coming on any more... not sure if there is too much draw or something, i guess I'll switch them out for the 55's and see if they work again
Old 01-02-2014, 12:25 AM   #3
tattooedsnake has a spectacular aura abouttattooedsnake has a spectacular aura abouttattooedsnake has a spectacular aura about

Name: Erick
tattooedsnake's Tacoma Gallery
Did you end up getting these installed? Im looking at getting some IPF 968s for my truck. Possibly up to 4. How do you like them so far?