1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

IPF Offroad wiring questions

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by eltaco, Jun 6, 2010.

1. Jun 6, 2010 at 5:16 PM
    eltaco

eltaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Littleton, CO
    Vehicle:
    '07 4x4 DC Offroad
    Well, my whirlwind of projects is nearing an end. I'm just now wiring in my IPF 968 offroad light and had a couple of questions... hopefully someone can answer these.

1. There's a yellow wire that attaches into the switch harness on one end. On the other end, it says to tap into the high beam wire. Unfortunately, I don't have a tester handy... can anyone tell me (on the bulb end) which color wire is the high beam?

2. There's a black wire with a spade connector on the end. The instructions say "Refer to instructions before securing this wire." No joke, the instructions tell me to refer to the instructions. I don't see this referenced anywhere else. Can someone point me in the right direction here? This wire goes directly to the relay.

Thanks

2. Aug 24, 2013 at 6:21 PM
    Bushytaco

Bushytaco New Member

Member:
    Vancouver
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma 4x4 SR5
    K&N cold air intake kit, trail-gear winch bumper w/light bar, IPF 100w spotlights Uniden CB radio w/Larsen Whip Bedliner rims job BFG KM2's Flowmaster HP2 straight through exhaust
    if you pull back the wires from the headlight and use the Yellow and red coloured one- i tapped into that one for the same lights.
    You tried the 100w bulbs included? i installed them and shortly after the lights aren't coming on any more... not sure if there is too much draw or something, i guess I'll switch them out for the 55's and see if they work again :(

3. Jan 2, 2014 at 12:25 AM
    tattooedsnake

tattooedsnake Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Erick
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    '10 TRD sport 4x4
    -Bilstein 6112 front shock. Leveling lift -Bilstein 5100 rear shock w/TSB leaf pack. -Cooper Rugged Trek 265/70/17 -EBC front ultimax rotors w/yellow pads -Stoptech sport rear drums -Steel braided brake lines -Wet Okele seat covers front/rear with heaters -Custom built exhaust with Black Widow venom 250 muffler -Afe Stage 2 Dry CAI -Diode dynamics SS3 fog lights yellow. -OPT7 Projector Headlight Assembly w/Black backing -Undercover Flex Tonneau cover -Weather Tech floormats front and back
    Did you end up getting these installed? Im looking at getting some IPF 968s for my truck. Possibly up to 4. How do you like them so far?

Products Discussed in

To Top