Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Pulled the trigger on retrofit parts.

Old 06-07-2010, 10:09 AM   #1
Retrofit Club!
lookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
lookylookitzadam's Tacoma Gallery
Cool Pulled the trigger on retrofit parts.

Just got off the phone with Matt @ TRS. Bixenon FX-r projectors are in their way. Retro pictures and install this weekend. Any tips from the other retrofitters will be greatly appreciated.

Crappy fast pictures added!!!

I will get more when I have time.

here are some pics I snapped of my retro in the garage while I was taking pictures for my other write ups:

FX-r Projector in BHLM housings. Gattling shrouds:

Head on picture of HL

Output: 4300k Morimoto bulbs, picture is kinda crooked and only like 4' from wall. Bad shot, but it is indeed straight.

Headlight with lights on
Old 06-07-2010, 04:53 PM   #2
t_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to all
Name: Erik
t_e's Tacoma Gallery
cool, my fx-rs have been sitting on the floor for about a month.. just havent had time. lets see some pics when youre done.
Old 06-12-2010, 12:06 PM   #3
Retrofit Club!
lookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Started my retrofit. To lazy to take process pictures, but i have the projectors mounted and am just waiting for my headlights to dry from the BHLM paint. Pictures will come tonight.
Old 06-12-2010, 12:09 PM   #4
CRfofiddyF is just really niceCRfofiddyF is just really niceCRfofiddyF is just really niceCRfofiddyF is just really niceCRfofiddyF is just really nice

CRfofiddyF's Tacoma Gallery
subbed
Old 06-12-2010, 12:12 PM   #5
outlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: FO on the OP
Name: Brandon
outlaw7's Tacoma Gallery
ive had my parts laying around for a few months but have my bowls cut and dremmeled out just have so many projects going on. im gonna paint all the chrome black inside the hl housing. which shrouds did you go with?
Old 06-12-2010, 12:14 PM   #6
Retrofit Club!

Used the gatling shrouds, but i am not sure how much I want them anymore. Haha.

They look good but there is a little bit of mounting that isnt covered. Not really noticeable but still bugs me with all the time into them.

I hope they turn out well, we shall see tonight when I can aim at something farther than my garage wall.
Old 06-12-2010, 03:06 PM   #7
yosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yosh2000's Tacoma Gallery
there is no way you are going to completely cover all that mounting w/o either vacuum forming or installing a flat piece of plastic that will block nearly all of the reflector bowl. the gatlings are pretty much the best i know of to cover as much as you can.

cant wait for pics!

EDIT: make sure you check the rotation BEFORE you put the jb weld on the backside!
Old 06-19-2010, 11:03 PM   #8
Retrofit Club!

here are some pics I snapped of my retro in the garage while I was taking pictures for my other write ups:

FX-r Projector in BHLM housings. Gattling shrouds:

Head on picture of HL

Output: 4300k Morimoto bulbs, picture is kinda crooked and only like 4' from wall. Bad shot, but it is indeed straight.

Headlight with lights on