Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Marker Light positive wire?

Old 06-09-2010, 10:04 PM   #1
eltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud of
Army:
eltaco's Tacoma Gallery
Marker Light positive wire?

Okay, hooked up my offroad lights and FJ switch. I originally hooked my light power into the hi beams per the instructions, but now I realize that the FJ backlight would not have power unless the hi beams were on.

Can anyone tell me which wire is positive on the driver's side marker light? I have one green wire, and one white/black.

Thanks!
Old 06-09-2010, 10:38 PM   #2
CopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Maximum Security Correctional Officer
Name: Matt
CopDoctor's Tacoma Gallery
green, same on the passenger side too
Old 06-09-2010, 10:41 PM   #3
eltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud of
Army:
eltaco's Tacoma Gallery
my heros.

I just have my DRL mod to install, and mod week is officially OVER!
Old 06-09-2010, 11:22 PM   #4
Army:
eltaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by noneck180 View Post
did you order 4) part number 82998-12340 terminal repair wires or 6??
I ordered zero and soldered wires directly to the switch. There are 6 total pins on the FJ switch, 2 power, 2 ground, and 2 to the lights. I spliced 6 into 3 and put connectors on those 3 wires so that I can remove the dash if necessary anytime in the future.

That being said, soldering them wasn't super easy for me. I think it's solid now, but I'd consider going with a connector if I were to do it again. I also found out (after the soldering) that there were live connectors behind the blanks in my dash. I'm not sure if there's an easy solution for running into that connector, but it'd be sweet if so.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:34 PM   #5
Army:
eltaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by noneck180 View Post
Relay wiring

RELAY Terminals
Terminal labeled 30 wire to positive side of battery.. what size fuse,, 20 AMP flat??
Terminal labeled 85 wire to a ground
Terminal labeled 86 wire to line from switch pin 4
Terminal labeled 87 wire to power wire for the fog lights

Is this right..lol
Good question, but I really don't know.

The IPF lights came with a pretty solid harness. The harness brought three wires into the cab and plugged into their IPF switch. I just hacked that switch off and used the three wires (spliced) to hook into my FJ switch. It was a bit of a PITA, but only because I'm terrible with electrical.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:17 PM   #6
Army:
eltaco's Tacoma Gallery
I hooked my lights up to the GREEN wire on the marker lights today... just the ticket I was looking for!

Thanks for the quick responses, fellas!
Old 06-10-2010, 11:26 PM   #7
CopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pics or they don't actually work

ps. did you wheel with us up in boulder?
Old 06-10-2010, 11:40 PM   #8
Army:
eltaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopDoctor View Post
pics or they don't actually work

ps. did you wheel with us up in boulder?
Man, can't believe you just called me out like that...

After building my Satoshi and Light bracket!

Before they were aimed

I wasn't with you when you went wheeling in Boulder. Sounds like a killer time though!
Old 06-11-2010, 12:13 AM   #9

lol pics look great man!! great job! sorry to call you out, but i love pics

didn't think so, i don't know everybodys usernames so i was just curious.
Old 06-11-2010, 08:32 AM   #10
Army:
eltaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopDoctor View Post
lol pics look great man!! great job! sorry to call you out, but i love pics

didn't think so, i don't know everybodys usernames so i was just curious.
haha, no worries! I was just playin'

Everyone knows Man-Law #1 is to post pics of your cool new toy if you are going to tell everyone about it!