Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

08 to 09 tail light swap?

Old 06-09-2010, 09:44 PM   #1
Prez of @battleborntacomas and ASSHOLE!
MOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
MOT's Tacoma Gallery
08 to 09 tail light swap?

Ok so i really want to go with some 09 tails in my truck? But i dont know if they will swap out? Will i have to do any wiring changes and does anyone have a set that they want to sell or trade somthing for! Please if you have any info or tips let me know guys thanks!
Old 06-09-2010, 09:46 PM   #2
shredtacoma is a name known to allshredtacoma is a name known to allshredtacoma is a name known to allshredtacoma is a name known to allshredtacoma is a name known to allshredtacoma is a name known to all
Name: Jace
shredtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
nope
Old 06-09-2010, 09:47 PM   #3
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Plug and play.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:47 PM   #4
MOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredtacoma View Post
nope

Really do you need to up your post count or something shit head!
Old 06-09-2010, 09:48 PM   #5
LIVESTRONG
Bullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bullzi511Tacoma06's Tacoma Gallery
As far as I know, all 2nd gen headlights/taillights are swappable without any additional modifications. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong though...
Old 06-09-2010, 09:48 PM   #6

MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
Plug and play.

Really that would be cool alot of guys have said they are different! I nee to find some or i am going to the dealer and gettting me a five finger discount tonight haha!
Old 06-09-2010, 09:49 PM   #7
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Ask w8n4mud. He swapped them out. I believe he said they are plug and play!
Old 06-09-2010, 09:50 PM   #8

MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullzi511Tacoma06 View Post
As far as I know, all 2nd gen headlights/taillights are swappable without any additional modifications. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong though...

Ya that is what i thought but alot of guys say yes and some guys say no! Ok guys i need some now!
Old 06-09-2010, 09:55 PM   #9
yosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yosh2000's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murdered_Out_Taco View Post
Really do you need to up your post count or something s**t head!
he was right when he said "nope" to your question of ..."Will i have to do any wiring changes" no need to be a s**t head to a guy that gave you accurate and factual info!

adn are YOU just trying to up YOUR post count....numerous posts are here (if you would take the time to search!!) stating they are PNP!!

and for whats its worth, i swapped 09 tails into my 05, all PNP, took about 5min total...i know for a FACT they are all PNP...the guys that said they didnt work are just dumb!
Old 06-09-2010, 10:00 PM   #10

MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yosh2000 View Post
he was right when he said "nope" to your question of ..."Will i have to do any wiring changes" no need to be a s**t head to a guy that gave you accurate and factual info!

adn are YOU just trying to up YOUR post count....numerous posts are here (if you would take the time to search!!) stating they are PNP!!

and for whats its worth, i swapped 09 tails into my 05, all PNP, took about 5min total...i know for a FACT they are all PNP...the guys that said they didnt work are just dumb!

Thanks for the help!

And yes i am a post whore!
Old 06-09-2010, 11:08 PM   #11
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
PnP. Lol yosh, who said they weren't? The only way they would say that is if they have never done it themselves.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:17 PM   #12

MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viet2100 View Post
PnP. Lol yosh, who said they weren't? The only way they would say that is if they have never done it themselves.

I was told that buy guys at the dealer haha! I knew that i could make it work just did not know they were pap!
Old 06-09-2010, 11:20 PM   #14
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Bump!
Old 06-09-2010, 11:21 PM   #15

MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
Bump!
Scoot you know anyone that wants to sell there tail lights?
Old 06-09-2010, 11:22 PM   #16
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Scoot you know anyone that wants to sell there tail lights?
I don't bro, but i'll keep a eye and ear out for ya for sure
Old 06-09-2010, 11:23 PM   #17

MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I don't bro, but i'll keep a eye and ear out for ya for sure

Thanks!
Old 06-09-2010, 11:26 PM   #18

Quote:
Thanks!
anytime...

You still enjoying that pic I sent you lol!
Old 06-09-2010, 11:27 PM   #19

MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
anytime...

You still enjoying that pic I sent you lol!

Your so gay haha!

o and hellls ya jigga!
Old 06-09-2010, 11:30 PM   #20
Thread Jacker
schiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Caleb
schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
total post whore. with 6 months less time than me you have almost 900 more posts