Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Revotec Headlights... who's using these?

Old 06-13-2010, 10:13 AM   #1
eltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud of
Army:
eltaco's Tacoma Gallery
Revotec Headlights... who's using these?

I've read some good things posted on here about these headlights, and they seem to be a good alternative to going through the trouble of the BHLM on my stock lights.

I've seen a couple posts from people stating that these need to be resealed, as they are not done very well from the factory. Can anyone comment on the difficulty in doing this?

Also, I see that the DRL rectangular lights inside of the housing are clear instead of yellow like on our factory lights. If you have daytime running lights, will these look the same, or different (lighter) in color?
Old 06-13-2010, 10:16 AM   #2
Sua Sponte! RLTW
75thrangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed75thrangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed75thrangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed75thrangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed75thrangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed75thrangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed75thrangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed75thrangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed75thrangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed75thrangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed75thrangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 101st airborne
Name: charles
75thrangertaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eltaco View Post
I've read some good things posted on here about these headlights, and they seem to be a good alternative to going through the trouble of the BHLM on my stock lights.

I've seen a couple posts from people stating that these need to be resealed, as they are not done very well from the factory. Can anyone comment on the difficulty in doing this?

Also, I see that the DRL rectangular lights inside of the housing are clear instead of yellow like on our factory lights. If you have daytime running lights, will these look the same, or different (lighter) in color?
i installed mine,unsealed. i went directly to the car wash to see if they would leak. i sprayed all around them directly and i got no water in them . i dont have dtrl mod .
Old 06-13-2010, 10:29 AM   #3
eltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud of
Army:
eltaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 75thrangertaco View Post
i installed mine,unsealed. i went directly to the car wash to see if they would leak. i sprayed all around them directly and i got no water in them . i dont have dtrl mod .
Excellent, that's good to hear.

Time to get the DRL installed I replied to your post on the topic, let me know if you have any other questions.

On a side note: I get a kick out of your picture every time I read one of your posts. haha!
Old 06-14-2010, 03:56 AM   #4
Ancient or so i'm told
64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Denis
64Wildcat's Tacoma Gallery
I've had them on a few months,didn't reseal them ,been through the car wash a few times,no problems!

Denis
Old 06-14-2010, 05:43 AM   #5
Army:
eltaco's Tacoma Gallery
Can anyone comment on the DRL color? Does it look clear, or yellow just as the stockers?
Old 06-14-2010, 12:27 PM   #6
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eltaco View Post
Can anyone comment on the DRL color? Does it look clear, or yellow just as the stockers?
It's clear, not the yellowish stock color. It will look the same lit as long as you keep the amber bulb in there.
Old 08-14-2010, 05:27 PM   #7
DAMN GOOD DEAL!!
TRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kenny
TRDKenE's Tacoma Gallery
i had them and they fit poorly on my truck....but I was also hit on the left front...so that may have had something to do with it
Old 08-15-2010, 02:20 PM   #8
Army:
eltaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDKenE View Post
i had them and they fit poorly on my truck....but I was also hit on the left front...so that may have had something to do with it
haha, yeah, I would bet that had something to do with it.

In any case, it's irrellevant now. I did the Black Headlight Mod and couldn't be happier!!