Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Blue fogs?

Old 06-15-2010, 06:45 PM   #1
TRDGoatFarmer will become famous soon enoughTRDGoatFarmer will become famous soon enough
TRDGoatFarmer's Tacoma Gallery
Blue fogs?

Hey yall,

Im gonna head up to the autozone tomorrow.. but just wondering. Do the make replacement bulbs for the stock fog light housings? ( im a newb with lights and such. so if i use the wrong terms, please feel free to corect me)

I want a blue light to come from my fog lights. Not a white, or yellow.. blue. does any one know where I can find these? or what they would be called? I've seen bulbs that have a blue tint on them.. are those blue? sorrry.. im such a newb.ha

-Nathan
Old 06-15-2010, 06:47 PM   #3
TRDGoatFarmer will become famous soon enoughTRDGoatFarmer will become famous soon enough
Where could I get that? ( sounds like it would be cheaper as well. ha) but would it cast out a blue light?
Old 06-15-2010, 06:49 PM   #5
Well once you find it, let me know man!!
Old 06-15-2010, 06:52 PM   #7
Hmmm.. I like the idea.. has any one ever used those?? How well does it make the blue light up??
Old 06-15-2010, 06:58 PM   #9
Dont be stupid, its not smart.
SurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dylan
SurfInferno's Tacoma Gallery
is he thinking of HID?
Old 06-15-2010, 07:03 PM   #10
Maybe? Im not sure.. but can any one show me pic's of a taco with that blue cover on the fog lights??
Old 06-15-2010, 07:04 PM   #13
Class IV Category 8 Elite VIP Member (Only)
BradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bradley
BradleyScottETC's Tacoma Gallery
They have those films at AutoZone as well, I saw them yesterday when I had to buy a bulb for my work van.

Brunes and I got into a big back and forth about this whole concept- long story short, if you're filtering the light (wether or not you are using a bulb cover or a tinted bulb, yellow, blue or otherwise) all you are doing is filtering the spectrum of light and really reducing the power of your fogs. I understand the aesthetic appeal, but if you really think about it, it's kind of dumb.
Old 06-17-2010, 07:26 AM   #14
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
Blue lights are illegal for non emergency vehicles in every state I know of. Plus it makes your fogs the least useful for their intended purpose. You WILL end up getting pulled over if you run them on the street.
Old 06-17-2010, 07:31 AM   #15
Banned
ShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Forward Observer
Name: Casey
ShaShasBoo's Tacoma Gallery
I have laminx on my fogs (yellow). Don't think i would go with this option. I'm not to impressed with them. But just my opinion though. Yea Blue lights and your asking for a fix it ticket. Think you might be talking about the HIDs. in that case try DDM.
Old 06-17-2010, 07:35 AM   #16
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
If you want blue fogs then why not go with 35w or 55w 8000k H10 HIDs?
Old 06-17-2010, 09:59 AM   #17
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
Go to LuminicsUSA.com
Old 06-17-2010, 02:56 PM   #18
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
You do realize that blue lights do nothing to cut through fog, will probably make it even worse. But if you don't give a crap except looking cool, then go for it!
Old 06-17-2010, 03:06 PM   #19
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
He probably just likes the look, but I agree it's stupid and will make your lights much less functional. Personally I think really blue lights look cheap, and it's why when I have ran HID's on previous cars I've never ran higher than a 5000k kit. That being said, if you want blue that bad at least do what was recommended and get an 8000k HID kit so you aren't losing all your functionality.
Old 06-17-2010, 08:45 PM   #20
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtav2002 View Post
He probably just likes the look, but I agree it's stupid and will make your lights much less functional. Personally I think really blue lights look cheap, and it's why when I have ran HID's on previous cars I've never ran higher than a 5000k kit. That being said, if you want blue that bad at least do what was recommended and get an 8000k HID kit so you aren't losing all your functionality.
Going to HIDs aren't going to give you better visibility through the fog either. 8000K HIDs in our fog lights end up looking like 6000K because of the high focus of light. It matches with 6000K headlights really well, though.