Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

multiple sets of fog lights

Old 06-19-2010, 11:55 AM   #1
devilsalmostfree is just really nicedevilsalmostfree is just really nicedevilsalmostfree is just really nicedevilsalmostfree is just really nice

Army: 82D Airborne Div., Infantry Mortar Man, Paratrooper!
Name: Carl
devilsalmostfree's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to devilsalmostfree
multiple sets of fog lights

i did a search & found nothing on this! im wanting to put 4 sets of fogs on my truck. is it possible to just run all the wires from battery & ground to 1 of the switches, then jump from switch to switch & just run seperate accessory lines to each switch, that way i can turn either set of fogs on anytime, & not have to turn 1 on to get another to be on? im not the brightest when it comes to wiring. thanks for the help in advance!
Old 06-19-2010, 12:19 PM   #2
CopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Maximum Security Correctional Officer
Name: Matt
CopDoctor's Tacoma Gallery
yep, i got 4 wired up like that
Old 06-19-2010, 12:32 PM   #3
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
With a bit stronger relay? Same wiring? Next bigger fuse? Higher amp switch?
Old 06-19-2010, 01:12 PM   #4
devilsalmostfree is just really nicedevilsalmostfree is just really nicedevilsalmostfree is just really nicedevilsalmostfree is just really nice

awesome, thanks guys!
Old 06-19-2010, 01:22 PM   #5
shanomac is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
shanomac's Tacoma Gallery
You definitely want separate relays for each set of fogs. Be careful how much load you try to draw from the wires as they're of a pretty high gauge (thin). Better safe than sorry, IMHO. Each should have it's own wiring, relay and switch. Again, just my opinion. Good luck and post pics. I gotta see a Taco with 8 fog lights on it!!
Old 06-19-2010, 01:27 PM   #6
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
I have 2 sets. 1 set is 35w HIDs. The other set is Hella 500s that are currently halogen but want 55w HIDs in them eventually. I have seperate oem switches and seperate wiring/fuses/relays.
Old 06-19-2010, 01:41 PM   #7

the lights will be going on my gmc, i only have 1 set on my tacoma. might add 2 more sets on it later on!