LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Need help from those with OEM fogs

Old 06-19-2010, 11:56 AM   #1
EEtaco is just really niceEEtaco is just really niceEEtaco is just really niceEEtaco is just really niceEEtaco is just really nice

Firefighter:
EEtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Need help from those with OEM fogs

I received a pair of OEM fogs today from a fellow member and installed them without a problem. However, I did notice that the fogs liked to pivot up and down. I'm thinking I need to adjust the set screw on the back to tighten them up.

Can anyone with OEM fogs tell me how much play they have in their fogs?

Thanks
Old 06-19-2010, 12:06 PM   #2
Half the strength of ten (microscopic men)
AeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shed
AeroCooper's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure why they would pivot. Mine have only the smallest amount of play in them. Maybe 1/64"

Stupid question, but are you sure they are right side up?
Old 06-19-2010, 12:22 PM   #3
EEtaco is just really niceEEtaco is just really niceEEtaco is just really niceEEtaco is just really niceEEtaco is just really nice

Firefighter:
EEtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Figured out a plastic piece was missing from the adjustment screw causing the light not to sit correctly. Nothing a little garage time can't fix.

Nothing to see here, move along.
Old 06-19-2010, 12:37 PM   #4
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
I had a very small amount of twitch but stuffed a piece of a zip strip in on each one on one side somewhere where it took up the slack and they are solid. Use a small piece of foam or weather strip crammed in the crack between on top where light/bumper meet to immobilize it. Several ways to make it solid.
Old 06-19-2010, 01:08 PM   #5

Firefighter:
EEtaco's Tacoma Gallery
I ended up stuffing weather stripping in the bottom of the light to snug it up. Since I don't have the relay or switch to finish the job I'll have to wait and see if stuffing it from the bottom causes the lights to point too far up. Until then, they just look pretty.