Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Hella 500 black magic hid conversion

Old 06-19-2010, 01:04 PM   #1
motoxmann is on a distinguished road
motoxmann's Tacoma Gallery
Question Hella 500 black magic hid conversion

Are the black magic version of the 500's the same as the regular ones? I should have a grillcraft in the mail pretty soon and have been researching lights to put behind it. I think that they'd look pretty clean behind the grill, but I want to do an HID conversion too and wanna make sure it'd work.

Thanks
Old 06-19-2010, 01:09 PM   #2
Cars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carson
Cars0n`'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Cars0n`
i was thinkin this too, but i also thought instead of getting the black magic for the darkness, why not get some 500 FF's and do a coat of nite shades on them, it would be muchhh cheaper.

and yes it is the same light construction as the regular 500's
Old 06-19-2010, 03:57 PM   #3
Yeah that's something to look into. So they're the same construction so everything would be the same. That's cool. While researching this I started looking into full HID retros for the headlights, and now I really want to do that. I swear this site is gonna be the death of my bank account
Old 06-19-2010, 06:40 PM   #4
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
From what I have heard (not tried myself) the blackness comes from a reflected cross which gets in the way of the tip of a Xenon bulb fitting. This means Black Magic wont work with HID conversion.
Old 06-20-2010, 03:54 PM   #5
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Wrong, the black magics have been converted... There is a thread on it somewhere here. The hard part is the fact that the lights for the black magics come up from the bottom...
Old 06-20-2010, 04:35 PM   #6
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
Please post a link because I would much preffer to run the Blackmagic if I can wedge an HID in there.
Old 06-21-2010, 01:30 PM   #7
Yeah if anyone has the link that'd be great. I've searched this forum and others and can't find anything.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:43 PM   #8
I just ordered a set today so I'll take them apart when they get here and see what the situation is
Old 06-28-2010, 07:08 PM   #9
For what it's worth I found one guy that put hid's In the black magics on the net. I guess he used an h3c bulb kit, with the "c" being a compact bulb. The bulb is supposed to be the size of the regular halogen bulb so you don't nave to modify the housing. Now to just find one of these kits.
Old 06-30-2010, 07:20 AM   #10
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
I also want to convert a set of black magic 500s to HID but haven't found any threads besides this. Anyone with any info please post. Thanks!
Old 06-30-2010, 07:53 PM   #11
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry guys, been away from my computer for a few days. The member borderbrat has done it. Someone either send him a PM or something because he no longer has pictures of it in his gallery. He says it is a big PITA, but doable.
Old 07-01-2010, 08:26 AM   #12
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
they make colored lenses for the 500's...its kinda pointless for the blackmagics.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/color-shiel...29&zmap=13941G