Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Want Yellow foglights - dont want to pay for lamin-x - check this out!

Old 06-21-2010, 08:12 PM   #21
FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...
SlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SlurpeeBlueMetallic's Tacoma Gallery
Cool, I know what I'm doing as my next mini-mod.
Old 07-13-2010, 08:23 PM   #22
Blank
TucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TucsonMike's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Htnswches View Post
That's what I said..... the adjustment knob is holding it in,but how do you remove it?????
This is the clip on the back X2
Old 07-14-2010, 03:30 PM   #23
Blank
TucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shed

So i did this last night then put them in the morning. The passenger side did not turn out as good as the driver side. I will get some night pics tonight.

Old 07-14-2010, 03:44 PM   #24
Class IV Category 8 Elite VIP Member (Only)
BradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bradley
BradleyScottETC's Tacoma Gallery
I like the idea of doing it to the Hellas, but it brings me back to Brunes's point about it filtering your light and therefor diminishing overall brightness? I suppose the ascetic appeal is the only benefit.
Old 07-14-2010, 03:53 PM   #25
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
I wouldn't do this to driving lights... just the fogs to cut through the fog/snow/rain.
Old 07-19-2010, 10:07 PM   #26
James3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
James3492's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to James3492 Send a message via Skype™ to James3492
Question : why do you make them yellow?
Old 07-19-2010, 10:13 PM   #27
Retrofit Club!
lookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
lookylookitzadam's Tacoma Gallery
yellow has a longer wave length. This allows it to travel farther in adverse conditions such as rain or fog.
Old 07-19-2010, 10:16 PM   #28
Blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookylookitzadam View Post
yellow has a longer wave length. This allows it to travel farther in adverse conditions such as rain or fog.
And it looks good on white Tacoma's
Old 08-13-2010, 01:53 PM   #29
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookylookitzadam View Post
I did this on my civics years ago and it held up just fine for the few years I had it. These cars were extremely low to the ground. Center of the fog light probably sat 6" or so and never observed rock chips. Then again, I didnt offroad those cars =P.

The paint is actually almost gooey, not sure how to describe it. If you spray it on thick somewhere to test and wipe it off you will see, its almost like a gel.

Iono, but for 8 bucks a can, I can recoat the lights probably 50 times, so its not to big of a deal
I'm thinking about doing this to my fogs but wanted to follow up and see how yours were holding up? Have you had to recoat them yet?
Old 09-07-2010, 11:14 PM   #30
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
nope mine still look good.
Old 09-10-2010, 10:43 AM   #31
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew H View Post
nope mine still look good.
Thanks, I was wondering if I was ever going to get a response from someone! I think I'll give it a shot soon.
Old 09-10-2010, 10:50 AM   #32
Blank

Mine still look good also.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:20 AM   #33
Ive got tiger blood
0BlackTaco6 is a splendid one to behold0BlackTaco6 is a splendid one to behold0BlackTaco6 is a splendid one to behold0BlackTaco6 is a splendid one to behold0BlackTaco6 is a splendid one to behold0BlackTaco6 is a splendid one to behold0BlackTaco6 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Steve
0BlackTaco6's Tacoma Gallery
Thread revival! haha Just wondering what the preparation was for this mod. On the krylon site it tell you the prep for different surfaces. It says to sand or scuff almost every surface listed. Im assuming thats not what you do to the fog lights. Im guessing just clean them real well?
Old 11-07-2010, 12:04 AM   #34
techmarc is on a distinguished road
Name: Marc
techmarc's Tacoma Gallery
without having yellow bulbs or 3K HID's do they shine yellow?
Old 11-07-2010, 12:15 AM   #35
Nightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Felipe
Nightstr's Tacoma Gallery
This is sick!
Old 11-10-2010, 02:14 AM   #36
Blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by techmarc View Post
without having yellow bulbs or 3K HID's do they shine yellow?
Yes they do
Old 11-10-2010, 09:58 AM   #37
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0BlackTaco6 View Post
Thread revival! haha Just wondering what the preparation was for this mod. On the krylon site it tell you the prep for different surfaces. It says to sand or scuff almost every surface listed. Im assuming thats not what you do to the fog lights. Im guessing just clean them real well?
I just washed mine with soaps and the yellow side of a sponge. Let it dry. Be careful though, they scratch easily.
Old 11-17-2010, 02:16 PM   #38
Intentionally cosmetically incorrect.
TacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
TacoBow's Tacoma Gallery
Excellent idea... offers a user controlled level of transparency. Hey, just like the Obama administration! It's good to be politically correct in this day and age, or so I'm told.

Seriously tho... this technique does look better than the appliques. I am doing it!
Old 11-27-2010, 03:17 PM   #40

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunknsloth View Post
Did anyone clearcoat theirs? Or is it all just the yellow paint?
just the yellow/orange paint.