Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Projector Question (Morimotos and FX-R's)

Old 06-20-2010, 12:34 PM   #1
MrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: John
MrGuitarguy's Tacoma Gallery
Projector Question (Morimotos and FX-R's)

I like the way the angel eyes look, but I dont want to buy all those generation lights with the 2 angel eyes. I think it makes the headlights look awkward. So instead I was wondering if I could put just one big angel eye. I found these Morimoto CCFL angel eye projectors (http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...e79d3eceb5fba4).
I had a couple of questions regarding these:
1) What is your opinion on them?
2) Have any of you used them?
3)Also what mm are our Tacoma Headlights?

I also saw another user use the Bi-Xenon FX-R (http://store.theretrofitsource.com/p...roducts_id=101 ) projectors.
1)Are they any better?
2)Whats the difference between these and the angel eyes aside from the obvious.

I have 10k HID's on my headlights right now if it makes a difference. Id like to concentrate the light.

Id appreciate any answers, THANK YOU TW!
Old 06-20-2010, 04:12 PM   #2
yosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yosh2000's Tacoma Gallery
not a fan of the angel eyes personally. havent used them. the bowl is not a perfect circle, so it would look really weird on our headlights. there was a guy that did it though over on xr-underground.com, so search over there for what it would look like.

FX-R projectors will blow the egay crap out of the water!! difference is the quality of the projector. the FX-Rs are a HID projector, whereas the egay stuff is an H4 or H1 (i think, basically a fog light bulb)...completely different light and optical setup adn not nearly as many of lumen output as the true HID bulbs.

who told you to run the 10k HIDs?! get a pair of 4300K and you will notice an improved output. the k is the color rating, NOT the quantity of the output.
Old 06-20-2010, 04:34 PM   #3
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
At 10K you might be better running stock halogen lamps as far as output goes.
Old 06-20-2010, 04:38 PM   #4
yosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevL View Post
At 10K you might be better running stock halogen lamps as far as output goes.
serious!
Old 06-21-2010, 10:14 PM   #5
MrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by yosh2000 View Post
serious!
To be honest with you I dont know anything about output or what that means. All I know is that my 10k's are a nice blue and they shine like crazy. Where can I get a SINGLE halo projector for my taco? Is the FX-R a Halo?
Old 06-21-2010, 10:19 PM   #6
Retrofit Club!
lookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
lookylookitzadam's Tacoma Gallery
The 10000K, 4300K, etc are color temperatures. Typically as you go up in temperature you get less visible light output. Higher up goes purple while lower down goes yellow.

I just put the FX-rs in mine with 4300K. The light is amazing.

If you arent comfortable cutting up your lights to retrofit, Matt @ theretrofitsource.com told me that his new morimoto mini's will fit D2s Bulbs (true HID bulbs) and in our headlights you can just insert them into the reflector.
Old 06-22-2010, 10:04 PM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookylookitzadam View Post
The 10000K, 4300K, etc are color temperatures. Typically as you go up in temperature you get less visible light output. Higher up goes purple while lower down goes yellow.

I just put the FX-rs in mine with 4300K. The light is amazing.

If you arent comfortable cutting up your lights to retrofit, Matt @ theretrofitsource.com told me that his new morimoto mini's will fit D2s Bulbs (true HID bulbs) and in our headlights you can just insert them into the reflector.
and these Morimoto mini's have Halo's around the shell?
Old 06-22-2010, 10:46 PM   #8

^ nope...but here is a writeup where a guy added them....

http://www.odyclub.com/forums/showth...threadid=94648

those minis use H1 HID bulbs...but are completely PNP. so you just have to open up the headlights, screw them in, mount the shroud and halos and reseal!!
Old 06-23-2010, 01:56 PM   #9
Quote:
^ nope...but here is a writeup where a guy added them....

http://www.odyclub.com/forums/showth...threadid=94648

those minis use H1 HID bulbs...but are completely PNP. so you just have to open up the headlights, screw them in, mount the shroud and halos and reseal!!
Maybe I missed it but he didnt say what Halo's he was using, or where he got his parts from. Correct me if I'm wrong please.
Old 06-23-2010, 07:48 PM   #10

^ all parts are from TRS...you even linked the angel eyes or whatever in your initial post!

call matt up, he'll tell you what size you need for the gatling mini shrouds used in that linked writeup.
Old 06-24-2010, 01:49 PM   #11
Quote:
^ all parts are from TRS...you even linked the angel eyes or whatever in your initial post!

call matt up, he'll tell you what size you need for the gatling mini shrouds used in that linked writeup.
Oh okay. Sorry, just making sure. Thanks for the info. Ill call him.
Old 06-24-2010, 02:00 PM   #12

^ no reason to be sorry, i was just messing w/ you a little bit!

matt is a very cool guys and will set you up w/ whatever you need, awesome cust service from TRS!