1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Halo Projector Help

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Smaug523, Jun 20, 2010.

1. Jun 20, 2010 at 7:04 PM
    Smaug523

Smaug523 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    10 Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4
    I recently bought and installed some Eagle Eye projectors. The light output is horrible. First, the left light seems a lot lower than the right (I can barely see 30ft in front of the truck on that side). The side or peripheral visibility seems cutoff and even the right light, although it is brighter than stock, doesn't project nearly as well.

Did I just get a bad pair or is more modification needed. Will upgrading to HIDs fix the left light's limited range? I just used the bulbs that came with the Eagle Eyes so far.

TIA,
    2010 TRD Sport 4x4

2. Jun 20, 2010 at 7:10 PM
    snowgod06

snowgod06 UG legend wannabe

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    A farm field, OREGON
    Vehicle:
    06 Access Cab
    crap bolted and welded together....
    can you get a pic of the headlights you bought? if not check my profile and tell me if their like mine.

just adjust the level of the lights to fix most of your problems. And most aftermarket lights have a sharp cutoff for the light, it takes some getting used to but their nice.

3. Jun 21, 2010 at 10:11 AM
    Smaug523

Smaug523 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    10 Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4
    Thanks for the quick reply,
    Found the adjustment screws and that fixed the left light problem. And I see what you're saying about the sharp cutoffs. Has anyone ever put a HID kit into the Halo Projectors? If so, was it worth it and what's the difficulty level associated with it? I still think the stock lights illuminate more, but I haven't precisely aimed the new projectors, just raised them to what looks good.

4. Jun 21, 2010 at 4:18 PM
    snowgod06

snowgod06 UG legend wannabe

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    A farm field, OREGON
    Vehicle:
    06 Access Cab
    crap bolted and welded together....
    people put hid's in a lot of different ones. They run way hotter then the bulbs that are in the housing now. Check the light itself and see if it says anything about hid use. Most aftermarket projectors will say that your not allowed to use HID's, because the housing will melt. So check the whole light for molded in words talking about DOT approved and crap. And see if it mentions anything about HID use. If nothing also check with the manufacture and make sure.

5. Aug 28, 2010 at 4:28 PM
    Dobri56

Dobri56 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    2012 trd sport longbed
    Smitty Bull bar, PIAA 540, MBRP turn down exhaust, Tractor trailer tool box. Black headlight mod, fog light mod, TRD seat covers, tacoma floor mats, Recon under tailgate light
    I have HID's in mine I guess I just need to level them but Where I bought my lights they said I could run HID's and on the lamp housing it says no HID's I'm going on what was said from where I bought them something happens its there fault.

6. Aug 28, 2010 at 7:25 PM
    Viet2100

Viet2100 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Viet
    South Florida
    Vehicle:
    2016 Prius 4T
    It is narrow because they are very small projectors. Stock output is much better than these.

Products Discussed in

To Top