LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Installed LED dome lights & map lights

Old 06-21-2010, 11:57 PM   #1
RPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
RPain's Tacoma Gallery
Installed LED dome lights & map lights

Bought everything from superbrightleds.com and its very cheap.
I bought a 9-LED Red Dome Light and 2 4-LED Cool White Map Lights
Also bought 2 leds for the license plate but havent taken pics yet
Only downside is they are very very dim unless the key is turned in the ignition. If anyone knows how to fix this let me know
Here are some pics

Old 06-22-2010, 12:07 AM   #3
RPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RPain's Tacoma Gallery
blue looks sick too, i just figured red would match my impulse red truck
Old 06-22-2010, 12:13 AM   #5

RPain's Tacoma Gallery
bulbs might be different for 2nd gens. here is a link to see what size bulbs you need for the map lights tho. http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProd...lacementGuide/
Old 06-22-2010, 12:16 AM   #7

RPain's Tacoma Gallery
and for me my dome lights are the same size as the map lights
Old 06-22-2010, 06:12 AM   #8
Something about something
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
for 2nd gens the map lights are wedge bulbs and the dome light is a festoon bulb.
http://www.oznium.com/led-dome
Old 06-22-2010, 08:17 AM   #9
tig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
tig1's Tacoma Gallery
dome lights

I picked up bulbs for my dome and map light,the ones I got are called mood lights.the dome is a double end 211-2r and the map is a 194B wedge type.there both 12volt,has anybody every tried these.

later tig1
Old 06-22-2010, 12:05 PM   #10

RPain's Tacoma Gallery
hmm mood lights.. great for when you have a girl in the car i bet
Old 06-22-2010, 03:57 PM   #11
He is The STig
mick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bott
mick478's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tig1 View Post
I picked up bulbs for my dome and map light,the ones I got are called mood lights.the dome is a double end 211-2r and the map is a 194B wedge type.there both 12volt,has anybody every tried these.

later tig1

i got the wled-xhp for map lights, in white, 3710-xhp3 for dome light, in white, 3 wled-xhp 5 red for the high mount stop light, 2 wled 5 for license plate,white , and 2 wled-xlx for back up lights, didnt work out well, so im looking for something else, maybe other bulbs they have would throw enough light out, but i love them, worx good with the dim effect, and a ton more bright than the originals, the high mount stop light one you sometimes have to reverse them so they will work, cuz they are polarized, and if you are going to put them behind a lens, be sure to, if possible, get the same color bulb as that lens, the same color light is filtered less by the lens if they are the same color, making them brighter, its all on their website, my total order was around 72 bucks, shipped to cali and came in less than three days.

Also be sure to measure the opening for fitment if you are going to add some lights, most of these have the same base, but different applications and sizes, there are drawings on most of their lights they sell
--mike
Old 06-24-2010, 10:50 AM   #12
CRfofiddyF is just really niceCRfofiddyF is just really niceCRfofiddyF is just really niceCRfofiddyF is just really niceCRfofiddyF is just really nice

CRfofiddyF's Tacoma Gallery
Looking GOOD RPain
Old 06-24-2010, 03:39 PM   #13

RPain's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRfofiddyF View Post
Looking GOOD RPain
you were my inspiration haha. only down side is they don't light up unless key is in the ignition.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:29 PM   #14
CRfofiddyF is just really niceCRfofiddyF is just really niceCRfofiddyF is just really niceCRfofiddyF is just really niceCRfofiddyF is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPain View Post
you were my inspiration haha. only down side is they don't light up unless key is in the ignition.
Are you talking about the map or dome light? that's weird..
Old 06-24-2010, 08:32 PM   #15

RPain's Tacoma Gallery
both of them :/ if you go offroading with us sunday ill show ya
Old 06-25-2010, 10:48 AM   #16

I'm going riding this weekend. maybe we can link up next week.did you have that issue w/ the stock bulbs?
Old 06-25-2010, 11:17 AM   #17

RPain's Tacoma Gallery
nope it just does it with the LED's. i've seen a post on here about other first gens having the same problem
Old 06-26-2010, 08:21 AM   #18
tig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tig1's Tacoma Gallery
bulb size

is there much of a differance between a 168 and a 194 bulb for dome.
thanks

later tig1
Old 06-26-2010, 11:01 AM   #20

tig1's Tacoma Gallery
dome lights

thanks for your help,it's quiting time at work.time to bail.
so I guess 168/194 are the same.which of the two is stronger?
later tig1