Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

FX-R Retrofit Aiming Question

Old 06-24-2010, 10:37 AM   #1
Geaux Tigers
BradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Brad
BradleyJ33's Tacoma Gallery
FX-R Retrofit Aiming Question

Hey guys, I've just ordered my FX-R projectors and everything from TheRetrofitSource and have a question. How does everyone go about aiming the projectors in the reflectors? Do you put them whole thing back into the headlight and put them on the truck and adjust them while on the truck? Or are ya'll putting just the reflector with the projector in it on a level table and aiming at a wall? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm hoping to start on my retrofit on Monday and can't wait to see how it turns out!

Edit: Well Yosh answered my question in another thread. I'll be sure and post pics here once my retro is done.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:55 PM   #2
DKEYLON is just really niceDKEYLON is just really niceDKEYLON is just really niceDKEYLON is just really niceDKEYLON is just really nice
Name: Dylan
DKEYLON's Tacoma Gallery
did you ever find out?
Old 02-02-2011, 10:31 PM   #3
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
i personnaly dont know, but i do know the guys at TRS are extremely knowledgable and helpful so i'd give them a call
Old 02-04-2011, 07:26 PM   #4
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
Mount your lights in a jig and shine on wall. Mark factory cut off on wall. Remove lights and install projector loosely. Install lights back into jig. Adjust so cutoff is about where factory cutoff was. Affix lights in that location of the housing. Fine tune once on vehicle. At least they will be close and level.