Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Opinions on Lamin-x protective films??

Old 06-27-2010, 05:50 AM   #1
TRDGoatFarmer will become famous soon enoughTRDGoatFarmer will become famous soon enough
TRDGoatFarmer's Tacoma Gallery
Opinions on Lamin-x protective films??

Hey guys, quick question for yall.

Some one on here showed me the Lamin-x protective films for your head,fog and tail lights. I like the idea of them.. But i read some reviews on their website and 3 out of 5 people said that theirs came off in a few weeks.. the other 2 said they have had them on for 2 months and there still on strong..

Now my question is.. How many of you have had these before? Have they stayed on? Or came off with washing?

I dont wanna spend 120.00 bucks for My head tail and fog lights just to have them get blown off next time I wash my truck in the drive way..

So.. any help??
Old 06-27-2010, 05:59 AM   #2
Half the strength of ten (microscopic men)
AeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shed
AeroCooper's Tacoma Gallery
Mine was ok on one side (sort of) but the other side was constantly bubbling up on the edges, bad. I took them off after a month or so and got some yellow fogs off eBay for $120. They cost more, but I haven't had to think about them once since, except to admire them of course.
Old 06-27-2010, 06:04 AM   #3
TRDGoatFarmer will become famous soon enoughTRDGoatFarmer will become famous soon enough
TRDGoatFarmer's Tacoma Gallery
haha, okay! thanks buddy
Old 06-27-2010, 10:15 AM   #4
Chief10Taco is a splendid one to beholdChief10Taco is a splendid one to beholdChief10Taco is a splendid one to beholdChief10Taco is a splendid one to beholdChief10Taco is a splendid one to beholdChief10Taco is a splendid one to beholdChief10Taco is a splendid one to behold

Army: commo
Name: Rob
Chief10Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, I wanted to yellow out my fogs and read the same thing about the film. I paid $6 at a craft store for a can of yellow stained glass window paint. Put a few coats on and I think they look awesome. There is a write up on it here already. Very cheap, easy, and looks way better IMO.
Old 08-10-2010, 11:12 AM   #5
pudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
pudge151's Tacoma Gallery
i put clear on my headlghts and tint color on my fogs (helped match the BHML look)

they have been on for 3 months or so and look great. kinda hard to put on but follow the directions and they come out great

they are not peeling off at all.
Old 08-10-2010, 11:23 AM   #6
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief10Taco View Post
Yeah, I wanted to yellow out my fogs and read the same thing about the film. I paid $6 at a craft store for a can of yellow stained glass window paint. Put a few coats on and I think they look awesome. There is a write up on it here already. Very cheap, easy, and looks way better IMO.
I did the exact same thing. Looks great. Very simple job.
Old 08-10-2010, 11:56 AM   #7
red balls got me!
IamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to behold

Navy: Turd chaser!!
Name: adam
IamTacO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDGoatFarmer View Post
Hey guys, quick question for yall.

Some one on here showed me the Lamin-x protective films for your head,fog and tail lights. I like the idea of them.. But i read some reviews on their website and 3 out of 5 people said that theirs came off in a few weeks.. the other 2 said they have had them on for 2 months and there still on strong..

Now my question is.. How many of you have had these before? Have they stayed on? Or came off with washing?

I dont wanna spend 120.00 bucks for My head tail and fog lights just to have them get blown off next time I wash my truck in the drive way..

So.. any help??

had some on my wrx foglights. they did just fine for over two years. no issues