Tacoma World Forums

Tacoma World Forums (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/)
-   Lighting (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lighting/)
-   -   BHLM success/failure (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lighting/103742-bhlm-success-failure.html)

VooDoo 07-21-2010 07:20 PM

BHLM success/failure
 
How many of you have had success with the BHLM? If not say what part your screwed up on!!

Viet2100 07-21-2010 07:22 PM

20 sets on different cars. All came out good except for the very first one, which were my own. You learn and improve.

lookylookitzadam 07-21-2010 07:48 PM

Done 3 sets no problems.
1st set took about 2 hours total
2nd and 3rd sets were about 1 hour work time.

Its quite simple to do.

Viet2100 07-21-2010 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lookylookitzadam (Post 1989315)
Done 3 sets no problems.
1st set took about 2 hours total
2nd and 3rd sets were about 1 hour work time.

Its quite simple to do.

Hard to believe they were done in an hour...

oven is 10 mins each. paint needs at LEAST 15 mins to dry. Or 30 mins total if you paint them separately. And then another 10 mins each to reseal.

That's a total of 55 mins of just waiting time.

Not saying you can't. Just tell me how you are :cool:

MxRacer190 07-21-2010 08:54 PM

All good except I need to reseal my passenger side. It's leaking.

Lentsnh 07-21-2010 09:00 PM

I've done..... 7-10 sets?

Doing a 4Runner projector set this Saturday.
:)

06BLUEDBLSPORT 07-21-2010 09:22 PM

I traded my stock lights for BHLM lights, they are pretty decent, on the top corners of the high low beam light area are i guess burn marks from being in the oven too long, almost looks like headlight oxidation where it makes the lens blurry, but its not bad, and there are a some tiny paint chips but unnoticeable

blackhawke88 07-21-2010 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viet2100 (Post 1989484)
Hard to believe they were done in an hour...

oven is 10 mins each. paint needs at LEAST 15 mins to dry. Or 30 mins total if you paint them separately. And then another 10 mins each to reseal.

That's a total of 55 mins of just waiting time.

Not saying you can't. Just tell me how you are :cool:

i think he meant work time as in hands on time, not including waiting for it to heat up and dry

VooDoo 07-21-2010 09:29 PM

I really want to do this but i'm too scared that i would screw something up! What do you guys say? I've done the satoshi with no problems but i just don't know about this...

dysfunctnlretard 07-21-2010 09:41 PM

Ive never really worked on vehicles until I started getting into trucks (Had an accord and civic previously). Ive found that Im better at mechanical work than cosmetic. With that being said, when I did my BHLM I broke a piece of the housing which I had to gorilla glue back on, I also didnt seal them correctly, and I messed up the paint. LOL. After all was said and done, it came out great and you had to look hard to see where it had broken.

If you did your satoshi I say go for the BHLM.

lookylookitzadam 07-21-2010 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackhawke88 (Post 1989686)
i think he meant work time as in hands on time, not including waiting for it to heat up and dry

yea, work time. Painting was super fast because I just hung them with wire on my porch and sprayed away.

The other time was spent drinking some dos equis and eating some tacos.
:eek:

jdkeller 07-21-2010 09:47 PM

Do It!!! Whats the worst that can happen? $100 headlights?

Krewblink 07-22-2010 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eatataco (Post 1989769)
I broke a tab on my headlights ;[ maybe I buy new ones and do BHLM!

MORON. Take off my Avatar.

Dr. Pepper 07-22-2010 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krewblink (Post 1992272)
MORON. Take off my Avatar.

What is with you two? Blowing up threads with your wierd double avatars...

Back on track, I have yet to try the BHLM..

Viet2100 07-22-2010 06:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Pepper (Post 1992296)
What is with you two? Blowing up threads with your wierd double avatars...

Back on track, I have yet to try the BHLM..

We can do it at my house :) I just did a set for a friend.

VooDoo 07-22-2010 06:07 PM

Viet your work is awesome! When I do get around to mine I will be using your write up! In the meantime, you aren't planning on making a vacation by me are you?? New Orleans maybe? :D

Viet2100 07-22-2010 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VooDoo (Post 1992733)
Viet your work is awesome! When I do get around to mine I will be using your write up! In the meantime, you aren't planning on making a vacation by me are you?? New Orleans maybe? :D

Haha nah man. Next vacation I make is prob to NY.

Dr. Pepper 07-22-2010 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viet2100 (Post 1992712)
We can do it at my house :) I just did a set for a friend.

Hmm...

Natetroknot 07-24-2010 09:25 AM

I bought a spare set to try on and effed them up - left one in the oven for too long and melted the back housing. I really like the look of the BHLM but wouldn't try another set myself. Seems like a better idea to me letting someone on TW who's done a few take care of it.

RAD 07-24-2010 09:40 AM

People! If you rush it, it will show. If you place them together too soon, you've got a good chance of getting some fog,haze.

You have to allow the paint to "CURE". If not, have some hazy headlights.

I allow 2 days try time on my headlights to keep them Pristine. Well maybe, I just don't ever rush anything I do....;) I mean anything


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:54 PM.