1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Mounting lights behind Grillcraft questions

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by agroman2001, Dec 10, 2010.

1. Dec 10, 2010 at 12:03 PM
    agroman2001

agroman2001 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    AJ
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Offroad 4x4
    Ready Lift leveling kit, Smittybuilt light bar w/ 4 Hella 500s, Grillcraft black mesh grille, painted the rear bumper plastics and Hella light covers with bed liner, custom whip mount w/ green Safeglow 200 LED whip, rear dif. breather relocate
    I'm getting ready to install my Hella500s with HID conversion behind my Grillcraft mesh grill. I just wanted to know what is the best distance from the grill to mount the lights? Do i want them flush with the grill or back a few inches? I was thinking about mounting them the same way Klipp11 did( http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/li...nversion-mount-behind-satoshi-how-w-pics.html )
    but my grill is up front. Am i going to loose some light with them being farther back from the grill?

2. Dec 13, 2010 at 11:06 AM
    pamantea

pamantea Well-Known Member

Member:
    British Columbia, Canada
    TRD Exhaust
    I am interested in the responses for this. I have a grillcraft installed and just put the H3 HID 55watt 8K lights into the hellas. I have not mounted them yet as I am contemplating Klipp's method or mounting directly onto the grill with a metal support.

3. Dec 13, 2010 at 11:20 AM
    0BlackTaco6

0BlackTaco6 Ive got tiger blood

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    New Hampshire
    Vehicle:
    06 BSP DC SR5 4x4 6 speed
    Color matched and satoshi grille, hella 500ff behind, bhlm, sockmonkey bedsides, 17" sports 265/70 grabber at2's.
    I plan on putting lights behind my grille shortly as well. Mine is satoshi style so my lights will be rite up against the mesh. I plan on using Klipps method as well. I would imagine that if you mount them that way with the grill up front you would lose a bit of light. I cant say first hand but it seems it would hinder the light a little bit.

4. Dec 16, 2010 at 7:16 PM
    AiServo

AiServo Active Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport
    I'll be doing the same thing soon and would like to know what is the most efficient spot.

Products Discussed in

To Top