1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

bed fuse block wiring, blue sea choices?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by davescarp, Aug 20, 2011.

1. Aug 20, 2011 at 12:18 AM
    davescarp

davescarp [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Hudson, MA
    Vehicle:
    08 AC 4X4 SR5 V6
    Leer cap, spring TSB, bed mat, ventvisors,
    Hi all, so i'm looking to do some lighting projects in the bed... Thinking I want to run from the battery to a fuse block so I have constant power for the cap dome light and a some led strips under the rails (maybe a 12v outlet too). now, i'm definitely a newbie when it comes to electrical wiring, but I'm planning on running straight from the battery to the fuse block. Am I correct to assume I need to run both (+) and (-) to the power/fuse block?? then I can wire in the lights as needed, grounding each component to the frame as necessary? Also, I've seen a lot of guys install these next to the battery, is there any inherent problems running it the power the length of the truck to a fuse panel in the bed?

was thinking of going with a blue seas fuse panel. Can some explain to me what advantage of the units with the negative bus are (first pic) vs one w/o the negative bus (second pic)? Sorry if these are stupid questions, just want to be informed so I do this safely and correctly the first time! TIA for any input...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Aug 20, 2011 at 12:28 AM
    jdkeller

jdkeller How many words can be fit in this s

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Prerunner TRD Offroad
    Dome light LED, 6000k HID Headlights and fogs, Grillcraft black mesh, rear 5100's, Total Chaos UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, Spidertrax spacers, Blacked out emblems, cb,kenwood tm270 ham radio, All Pro 3" leaf pack, Fox 2.0 coilovers, Revenge Fab Sliders, u bolt flip kit, Pioneer avh4200, bed bar with light and antenna, Wet Okoles, Weathertech Mats, Wet Okole Armrests, Rear KR Fab bumper, bed mat, N-Fab spare tire carrier with full size spare on 16" TRD rim, Bedlinered flares and grille. Camburg Spindles, All Pro front fenders.
    The one with the neg, you don't have to run to the frame. You run the power and ground to the fuse block.

3. Aug 22, 2011 at 8:52 AM
    davescarp

davescarp [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Hudson, MA
    Vehicle:
    08 AC 4X4 SR5 V6
    Leer cap, spring TSB, bed mat, ventvisors,
    OK, I think I get it... I'm planning on running 10 AWG to the block from the battery, then will run a similar ground from the fuse block to the frame.. now I can just attach my grounds directly to the block, which should be a neater way to run it... I don't plan on a ton of things through it, just my cap dome light, a 12v oulet, and maybe some led light strips in the bed...

4. Aug 22, 2011 at 9:24 AM
    cummins6speed

cummins6speed Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '05 4Runner Limited Edition
    Custom extended travel 2.5" King RR coilovers, 1.25" Camburg uniball uppers, homebuilt tube bumper
    You don't need to run a neg. lead all the way from the battery to the fuse block, just run the fuse block neg. with a short piece of wire and ground to the frame

Products Discussed in

To Top