1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How exactly do these work???

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by tacomathunder, Oct 29, 2011.

1. Oct 29, 2011 at 1:16 AM
    tacomathunder

tacomathunder [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    07 4 cyl reg cab
    pop-a-lock on tailgate, tailgate damper by ez down, extang platinum snap tonneau cover, rampage LED light bar, etrailer wiring harness, black led tail lights, tsi clutter catcher center console, griffin itrip ipod player,BHLM,35W DDM Tuning hid's 5000K, Day Time Running Light Mod, New Sony Stereo
    my dad showed me these and said i should get them, and i actually think they look really good...only thing is, i got hits with high beams....so what happens with these headlights, cuz I'm assuming that the light reflected that would be closest to the grille is a high beam.... so how does that work???

heres the link to the light casings: http://www.carid.com/2007-toyota-ta...cfl-halo-led-projector-headlights-315126.html

2. Oct 29, 2011 at 2:03 AM
    2008taco

2008taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    chris
    san diego
    The inners are the high beams, the outers are projectors. You aim the lights once their installed, the bulbs could be dead center in your grill as long as they're aimed right they will work.

3. Oct 29, 2011 at 11:23 AM
    tacomathunder

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    07 4 cyl reg cab
    pop-a-lock on tailgate, tailgate damper by ez down, extang platinum snap tonneau cover, rampage LED light bar, etrailer wiring harness, black led tail lights, tsi clutter catcher center console, griffin itrip ipod player,BHLM,35W DDM Tuning hid's 5000K, Day Time Running Light Mod, New Sony Stereo
    no, i mean, what about the high beams i already have from my hits...i don't have projectors now, but the hid kit i bout was the hids with high beams....so do the high beams from hids just become a non use now?

4. Oct 29, 2011 at 3:09 PM
    tacomathunder

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    07 4 cyl reg cab
    and thinking about it, does getting these make my DTRL mod useless??

5. Oct 31, 2011 at 12:47 AM
    tacomathunder

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    07 4 cyl reg cab
    one last bump for help...please lol

6. Oct 31, 2011 at 2:09 AM
    bhh2000

bhh2000 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Santa Rosa
    Vehicle:
    2016 DCLB TRD 4X4
    I think you would need one build for low and one build for high beams like on my honda, so you hi/low singe build you have wouldn't help........ but thats just my guess.

7. Nov 2, 2011 at 10:36 PM
    tacomathunder

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    07 4 cyl reg cab
    well can anyone direct me to the best retro fit write up???

Products Discussed in

To Top