1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need with fog light hids

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by ky cats, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Nov 28, 2011 at 12:08 AM
    ky cats

ky cats [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    tony
    louisville,ky
    Vehicle:
    05 white prerunner sport
    tinted windows,access le tonneau cover,weathertech floormats,dtrl mod.5000 k ddm headlights,3000k driving lights,python alarm/remote start
    I just bought some h10 hids off eBay and I installed them over the weekend. When I first hooked them they worked fine but that night I took my truck put for a drive I noticed the one on the driver side was not working and by the time I got home that night both of them were not working.so Sunday afternoon I was about to crawl under my truck to see if I had wired something wrong I tried them again and they both were working again.i was just wondering if the dtrl mod might be screwing my hid fog lights ? Any help would be appreciated.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Nov 28, 2011 at 12:10 AM
    Casey05Taco

Casey05Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Penngrove, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Prerunner
    trd seat covers, bed mat, tinted windows, debadged, mud flaps removed, tinted tails, blacked out center console, Black Rims, 6000k HID in highs and fogs, blacked out front emblem, Pioneer AVH-4300DVD, Gauge Cluster, lower valence, retrofitted, audio system, Maxtrac Spindles, Billies
    1st I would check if your ground is secure, second since you bought them off eBay they probably sent you crappy ballasts.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  3. Nov 28, 2011 at 1:34 AM
    ky cats

ky cats [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    tony
    louisville,ky
    Vehicle:
    05 white prerunner sport
    tinted windows,access le tonneau cover,weathertech floormats,dtrl mod.5000 k ddm headlights,3000k driving lights,python alarm/remote start
    Do you think it could be the dtrl mod messing with the ballasts? They came with a harness that had a black and red wire in it that it look like it plugged Into the factory harness because they matched up perfectly so I plugged them together.so maybe I plugged it in the wrong way. The factory harness has a green wire and a black&white wire in it.i lined the red wire up with the green one and the black wire up with the black&white wire and plugged it in.

Products Discussed in

To Top