1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Review/Install: Halo Hid Headlights!!!

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by xsptaco07, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Feb 29, 2012 at 12:48 PM
    xsptaco07

xsptaco07 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordan
    Atlanta
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma Xsp
    xsp package, 20" enkei deep six wheels,33" cooper zeon ltz, borla exhaust, borla intake, carbon fiber trim, weathertech mats, Halo HID lights, black grille surround with mesh, smoked 3rd break and tails, 3" toytec coilovers with bilstein strut, AAL and bilstein 5160 in the rear, led tag lights, led interior lights, NTW plated bumper, anytime fog mod, blue and white cluster swap, UWS toolbox,
    Here is a link to the headlights if you are interested:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/05-11-TOYOT...fits=Model:Tacoma&vxp=mtr&hash=item3f143a77b1
    But mine are the 8000k 35w.

Heres the story on these lights. I ordered the black and they said they were out of order so they sent me the chrome ones. I installed them. Right off the bat i noticed that there was a huge smear mark on the right headlight inside.(not on the hid bulb put what it shines though) it was annoying but i kept them. The left light started flickering more and more after a few days. Then a week after having them the same light(left) started leaking water. A month and a half after receiving them i called them to return them. I shipped them back, and they sent me the black ones. Yesterday i installed them and are loving them so far!!!

Here is a link to my video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDoLpuD10Ws

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Feb 29, 2012 at 12:58 PM
    Taqoma

Taqoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brennan
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Off-Road
    TRD Supercharger, TRD CAI, Camburg LT, Fox 2.5x8 coilovers, Fox 2.0 bumps, Deaver e30 leafs, Fox 3.0x18 triples, Avid sliders, Yaesu 2900R, Pro Comp 7089 16x8, DDM 55w HID Hella 500FF, DDM 35w HID headlights, Magnaflow 11255 muffler, PLX DM-100 OBDII, Autometer Ultra-Lite II Boost gauge, Flex Pod gauge mount, LSK tube bumper, McNeil fenders, Fiberwerx bedsides, 285/75/16 Toyo MT's
    says video marked "private"

gotta re-mark as public

3. Feb 29, 2012 at 1:02 PM
    xsptaco07

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordan
    Atlanta
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma Xsp
    xsp package, 20" enkei deep six wheels,33" cooper zeon ltz, borla exhaust, borla intake, carbon fiber trim, weathertech mats, Halo HID lights, black grille surround with mesh, smoked 3rd break and tails, 3" toytec coilovers with bilstein strut, AAL and bilstein 5160 in the rear, led tag lights, led interior lights, NTW plated bumper, anytime fog mod, blue and white cluster swap, UWS toolbox,
    Sorry bout that! It is public now.

Yeah the guy on the phone said i was supposed to do that, but i assumed something was up with the lights because it was only my left one.

Are you talking about sealing the rubber cap that goes on the back of the Hid unit?

4. Feb 29, 2012 at 1:21 PM
    xsptaco07

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordan
    Atlanta
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma Xsp
    Shit. So what youre telling me is i have to take them out again and do this? lol 0.0

I think ive got an idea of what youre taking about. Basically reinforcing the seal around the entire headlight where the clear piece meets the black.

5. Feb 29, 2012 at 1:40 PM
    xsptaco07

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordan
    Atlanta
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma Xsp
    I appreciate it bro!

Being whereas its rainy here in Atl, ill do it when the weather clears up.

6. Feb 29, 2012 at 2:14 PM
    xsptaco07

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordan
    Atlanta
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma Xsp
    WELL I FEEL LIKE AN IDIOT!

7. Feb 29, 2012 at 2:24 PM
    xsptaco07

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordan
    Atlanta
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma Xsp
    WELL I FEEL LIKE AN IDIOT!

8. Mar 3, 2012 at 2:17 PM
    sofiasdad11

sofiasdad11 Reads more than posts

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Near the Windy City, but in the country
    Vehicle:
    2011 BLACK 4X4 DCLB TRD SPORT
    Flux capacitor (2nd gen version), toytec ultimate liftkit, amp research powersteps, custom katzkin heated leather incl. console cover, retraxpro retractable bed cover, earnhardt jr. cannons@18x9(summer),ballistic jesters@18x9 (winter),285/60/18 nitto grapplers, bodymatched bushwackers, the original Homertaco full satoshi " raptor" grill, viper 5704 remote/smart-start/alarm w/viper cellulor app, ravelco anti-theft device, ipcw tails, redline hoodstruts, oem roof rack, led maps/dome, backup light mod, swingcase storage box, jl audio stealthbox and amps,focal drivers,alpine carplay unit, pop&lock premium handle, seatbelt chime disabled, tailgate hoseclamp mod, rich evans caliper covers, weathertech digitalfit mats, flyzeye V2W,oem bedmat, salex console organizer,speeddawg shiftknob
    hey jordan, appreciate your post. am considering some similar to these though a different brand. wondered if the halo's and led's are visible on these in the daytime? the halos don't appear to be ccfl's which i believe are the brightest type for halos. am aware of a multitude of problems with these aftermarkets, particularly from ebay, but i still like the looks of them, even greater than a decent retro'd oem set. link sent for the ones i'm considering, which cost quite a bit more but thinking better components:notsure: the housings have a 60 day warranty. pm sent btw:D
    http://www.xtralights.com/05-08toyo...tswled-blackpairhidxenonlightskitpackage.aspx

9. Mar 6, 2012 at 4:18 PM
    alexrosado

alexrosado Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Fort Hood, Texas
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport
    6'' suspension lift, 3'' body lift, NFAB nerf bars, flow master exhaust with 3'' pipe, TRD cold air intake, grill guard with hella lights. LED Halo Projector Headlights, redlinetuning hood lift assists.
    Hey I'm thinking about getting the same headlights, have you heard any more about them?

10. Mar 8, 2012 at 9:58 AM
    sofiasdad11

sofiasdad11 Reads more than posts

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Near the Windy City, but in the country
    Vehicle:
    2011 BLACK 4X4 DCLB TRD SPORT
    Flux capacitor (2nd gen version), toytec ultimate liftkit, amp research powersteps, custom katzkin heated leather incl. console cover, retraxpro retractable bed cover, earnhardt jr. cannons@18x9(summer),ballistic jesters@18x9 (winter),285/60/18 nitto grapplers, bodymatched bushwackers, the original Homertaco full satoshi " raptor" grill, viper 5704 remote/smart-start/alarm w/viper cellulor app, ravelco anti-theft device, ipcw tails, redline hoodstruts, oem roof rack, led maps/dome, backup light mod, swingcase storage box, jl audio stealthbox and amps,focal drivers,alpine carplay unit, pop&lock premium handle, seatbelt chime disabled, tailgate hoseclamp mod, rich evans caliper covers, weathertech digitalfit mats, flyzeye V2W,oem bedmat, salex console organizer,speeddawg shiftknob
    went to their website. read that they do not warrant the lights against condensation. suppose that's to be expected. looking for the highest quality aftermarkets with this type of look. besides the spyders, also considering anzo and cforcar/sonar. suspect they're all made in china but can't be determined. just finding what warranty they offer can take some digging also.:(

11. Mar 9, 2012 at 4:35 AM
    xsptaco07

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordan
    Atlanta
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma Xsp
    Yes the halo rings and leds are visible during the daytime. Those look good, I would recommend the 6000k

12. Mar 9, 2012 at 4:37 AM
    xsptaco07

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordan
    Atlanta
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma Xsp

They replaced mine a month and a half after I bought them. Guess I just got lucky. These are actually made in Japan.The ones made in china are junk!

13. Mar 27, 2012 at 6:40 PM
    Night

Night Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    '11 TRD OR AC MagGrey
    Banks Monster Exhaust, aFe ProGuard 7, 3M Film, UnderCoating, alpine 920 headunit, alpine 6.5 components, 20% tint all around, JL Stealthbox, PDX-V9 Amp, Avid Lightbar, Avid Sliders, Full Metal JackRabbit Tonneau, TRD S/C
    I am also considering the anzo's they are inexpensive! PM What you find. And to the OP for fogs they like to have yellow light(cuts through the snow/rain/fog better) if you ever want to put HID's in the fogs.

14. Apr 10, 2012 at 4:14 PM
    xsptaco07

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordan
    Atlanta
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma Xsp
    i need help!
    anyone! I need hid high beams! Does anyone know which ones will fit?
    should i do 6000k 35w low and 6000k 50w high?

15. Jan 17, 2013 at 8:37 PM
    alexrosado

alexrosado Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Fort Hood, Texas
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport
    6'' suspension lift, 3'' body lift, NFAB nerf bars, flow master exhaust with 3'' pipe, TRD cold air intake, grill guard with hella lights. LED Halo Projector Headlights, redlinetuning hood lift assists.
    just got my halo LEDs in....love em
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Jan 28, 2013 at 5:15 PM
    xsptaco07

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordan
    Atlanta
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma Xsp
    lookin good! Glad you're enjoying them!

17. Feb 2, 2013 at 2:03 PM
    ST3VE

ST3VE IG: @fishsohard

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    MD --> SC
    Tint, car seat, baby wipes
    Just used your video to install my lights today. Same lights that you have here. Video really helped me when it came to the black, white and red wires.

+1 to you.

18. Feb 8, 2013 at 7:18 PM
    xsptaco07

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordan
    Atlanta
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma Xsp
    Great! Glad i could help!

19. Feb 19, 2013 at 6:52 PM
    OneMentalCase

OneMentalCase Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Florida
    Vehicle:
    10 Pyrite LB
    Great write up and lights! Couple questions...besides the wiring...how difficult is the rest of the install? Does it still have the daytime running lights in yellow?? Thanks in advance!

20. Feb 22, 2013 at 5:04 PM
    xsptaco07

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordan
    Atlanta
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma Xsp
    good, glad i could help a bro out! The instal is pretty easy. i do not have daytime runninglights on my 2007. are you referring to the blinker as the running lights?

Products Discussed in

To Top