1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Map Lights

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by banzaikid1, Dec 16, 2008.

1. Dec 16, 2008 at 11:37 PM
    banzaikid1

banzaikid1 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    I have an 2008 and I searched all over and I can't seem to find anything on how to remove the map light covers so I can change the bulbs. Can someone show me how to do this.
    Thanks
    Brad

2. Dec 17, 2008 at 12:22 AM
    P. Bauer

P. Bauer Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Jose
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Off-Road
    TRD S/C :: Intake Camburg SwayAway Magnaflow American Racing Donahoe Racing Wheelers OffRoad
    place blade on the outer edge (facing side windows) and pry down.

They are snap-in covers, they should pop off with a little resistance.

3. Dec 17, 2008 at 12:34 AM
    banzaikid1

banzaikid1 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ok thanks I'll try it tomorrow

4. Dec 17, 2008 at 3:55 AM
    longbow

longbow I see you now..................

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Silver Mica TRD 4 Door
    Toy-tec Coil over lift, Eibach 700 lb springs, Sway bar relocate, Total Chaos UCA's, Moto metal wheels, BFG mudterrians, HID, custom 3 piece grill, Highlift jack w/custom mount, Highlift jack cover, bed matt, de-badged 100%, storage box lock mod, using defrost w/o AC mod, short antenna mod, horn re-locate, Tire Gate flat spare tire mount, engine cover painted, bed light (1) mod, wreck bar carrier, Blue Sea 5026 fuse block, center console outlet, flash light mod, Blue Sea inline fuse, Shrockworks sliders, All-Pro front bumper, Piaa 510 driving lights, Warn shackles front, Kennesaw rear bumper, "Tag Boltz" plate lights, Warn shackles rear, Warn M8000 winch, devil horns, BHLM, weathech liners front and rear.....T.W. sticker of course. Custom Sock bed decal for Michele
    AGREE, if you take your fingers and cover the brightest part of glare from the bulb, (if not blown) you can see the tabs. Take your time and don't pry. It is a breeze once you get the picture. :)

5. Dec 17, 2008 at 4:04 AM
    wing103

wing103 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Boston
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Sport / Dark Gray
    Grill Craft upper & Lower Grill WetOK Seat Cover, Devil Horn, Bug, Windows Deflector, Side step Bar, HID 55W 8000K Headlight, HID 35W 4000K Foglight, Fog Light Mod, Interior LED Map Light Mod, Electric Tail Gate Lock, Leer Cab, Key ring light, Bed LED lights Mod, Kenwood DNX5120, Signal Mirror with Heat
    It is easy to pry the plastic cover out with a flat head screw driver, but it is painful to get the bulb out. Just take your time to pry the bulb out and you will be all set.

Products Discussed in

To Top