1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Thoughts on Avid Light Bar

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by BG KY Jets Fan, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Jul 19, 2012 at 4:37 AM
    BG KY Jets Fan

BG KY Jets Fan [OP] Dagger Taco *****

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Bowling Green Ky
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport 2WD DC
    Roof Rack, TRD skid plate, TRD cat back exhaust, Pioneer AVIC-930BT, subwoofers, Avid bar, Westin side steps, FLYZEYE strip, and Blacked out Badges. More to come....
    Just wanted to toss this out there. I bought an Avid Light bar several months back. I didn't get light mounts for it and I'm kinda regreting it right now. I've been seeing people post about those Rigid Ind LED light bars. I wonder if that would be a good idea to try on an avid. That one guy that put it in his hood scoop turned out sweet! Anyone do anything like this? My only concern though is how one of those light bars would hold up to road debris. I travel alot and I already have "road scars" on my headlights and front bumper....

2. Jul 19, 2012 at 5:48 AM
    Rellik01

Rellik01 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Windermere, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport 4x4 White
    Bull Guard powder coated white, chrome aftermarket tail lights,Led interior lights, Factory roof rack, Bug deflector, Factory tow package, Garmin GPS, Viper 5901 alarm with auto start, Weather tech window wind deflectors, , 3" Tube steps powder coated white, CB Radio, Radio Scanner.
    I believe you can get rigid 10" bars with 1.75 inch attachchments. Avid light bar is a great piece of equipment.

3. Jul 19, 2012 at 1:49 PM
    BG KY Jets Fan

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Bowling Green Ky
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport 2WD DC
    Roof Rack, TRD skid plate, TRD cat back exhaust, Pioneer AVIC-930BT, subwoofers, Avid bar, Westin side steps, FLYZEYE strip, and Blacked out Badges. More to come....
    It is, im just wondering about the durability of the light bar.

4. Jul 19, 2012 at 1:57 PM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    Go to Rigid's website and watch the torture test they put them through. It'll stand up to anything you'll see on the road. If you're considering Rigid, make sure you check out some of the competitors. TRS is selling one now, so is Slimcubby and both are cheaper than Rigid.

5. Jul 22, 2012 at 7:06 PM
    BG KY Jets Fan

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Bowling Green Ky
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport 2WD DC
    Cool! Thanks for the heads up!

6. Jul 26, 2012 at 7:22 PM
    VolcomTacoma

VolcomTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Sport 4x4 6 Speed Supercharged
    Front- Camburg 4x4 Long Travel 2.5" King Coilovers 2.5" King Triple Bypasses Wheelers Superbumps Rear- DMZ SUA 16" 3.0 King Triple Bypasses 3" 2.0 Fox bumps Wheels and Tires- 295/75/16 Toyo ATII XTREME SCS SR8 Dark Matte Bronze 16" Lighting- (2) 30" Combo light bars (4) Iggycorp diffused pods Tepui Ayer TRD Supercharger URD Mark III 3" Exhaust URD 4x4 Y Pipe URD CAI URD 2.85 Stealth Pulley Hurst Core Shifter with Hurst T URD Stage 3 clutch URD Lightweight flywheel URD Throw out bearing upgrade AEM Wideband AFR Gauge Speedhut Boost Gauge Craven Speed Flex Pod mount Weathertech Floor Liners BAMF Sliders Ultragauge sPod SE ARB CKMTA12 Hella Supertone horns Relentless Tailgate Reinforcement
    I have a custom Avid light bar with Plating...I accidentally run into walls and stuff allllll the time and so far I've merely scratched the rattle can paint on it lol.

Products Discussed in

To Top