1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Relay harness

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by BenJammn5, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Aug 24, 2012 at 4:21 PM
    BenJammn5

BenJammn5 [OP] RN

Member:
    San Jose
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD-Off Road PreRunner
    TRD cat-back with Spintech prostreet muffler, AFE Pro dry S intake, 16" SCS F-5, 3.5 BS, 305/70 GT Radial MT, King extended travel front/rear, 2" add-a-leaf, Maxtrack Spindles, Sway bar delete, DSM UCA, All Pro IFS skid, Cab mount chop, bed cab locks, Black badges, cali raised amber LED fogs, 6K FX-R Morimoto projectors with 55watt ballast, fog mod, cheap rear dust lamp from autozone, Hellas 500 behind grill, Color match Satoshi Grill, Hood scoop, rear bumper by BTF, color matched Glassworks bed caps, Wet Okole seat covers
    Hey guys just want to make sure i'm doing this right as I'm having a little trouble...

I upgraded my 35w (random brand) hid kit to TRS 5five D2S kit for my FX-R's. I ordered the H4/9003 harness you see below
    20120824_155416_9bf90d7adaa027b9673fed2ad04d12bb864459de.jpg

For whatever reason this harness is not firing up the ballasts. The kit is only supposed to come with 1 relay harness right? But what doesn't make sense to me is that there is ONE harness output that connects to the halogen bulb/OEM input. Shouldn't there be two as the truck comes with a left and right input from the factory? 20120824_155425_942f603ac61f9ad41db8df81cfbaaf168bcacb1b.jpg

By the way, I did try my old relay harness on the new ballast and bulbs and everything fires up so I must be doing something wrong the morimoto relay.

2. Aug 24, 2012 at 5:36 PM
    Rascal737

Rascal737 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Oliver
    Abbotsford, BC
    Vehicle:
    09 Silver DCLB TRD Sport 4X4
    Python 574 Remote start/Security system, reusable cabin air filter, led map and dome lights, led bed lights, switchback dtrl's, aftermarket dual halo projector headlights retrofitted with TRS goodies, foglights on anytime, Illuminated 4X4 switch, Redline hood struts and EZ down tailgate, Weathertech front and rear floor liners, Black Westin 4" oval step bars
    I believe that you only use the one input from either the left or right side headlights and there are two outputs...one for each balast

3. Aug 24, 2012 at 5:39 PM
    benbacher

benbacher Purveyor of Fun Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    ^
    Anchorage, AK
    Vehicle:
    '10 Tacoma 4x4 LBDC SR5 TRD Sport
    Too many to list now.
    I think you have to use the left, but the only reason I thought this was because it's closer to the battery and sends the circuit to the right. That's the way mine's set up and it works that way.

4. Aug 24, 2012 at 5:40 PM
    Konaborne

Konaborne Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    fox extended travel remote resivoir coilovers, 14" eibach 600lb coils, All Pro tubular chromoly 1" uniball upper control arms, All Pro expedition leaf packs, 10" bilstein 5150 piggyback reservoir shocks 265/75r16 Goodyear wrangler MT/R kevlars wrapped around 16" Helo 791 gloss black, Mini H1 retrofits with 6000k bulbs, 18" magnaflow w/custom exhaust reroute various decals, Sockmonkey retro hood stripes
    your relay is correct. there is only one connection into the factory h4 harness because that acts as the on/off

have you checked your grounds?

5. Aug 24, 2012 at 5:42 PM
    Rascal737

Rascal737 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Oliver
    Abbotsford, BC
    Vehicle:
    09 Silver DCLB TRD Sport 4X4
    Python 574 Remote start/Security system, reusable cabin air filter, led map and dome lights, led bed lights, switchback dtrl's, aftermarket dual halo projector headlights retrofitted with TRS goodies, foglights on anytime, Illuminated 4X4 switch, Redline hood struts and EZ down tailgate, Weathertech front and rear floor liners, Black Westin 4" oval step bars
    because you're connected directly to the battery, power should go directly from battery to ballast. the H4 connector to one side of the truck is the input to the relay switching the ballast's on and off

6. Aug 24, 2012 at 6:42 PM
    BenJammn5

BenJammn5 [OP] RN

Member:
    San Jose
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD-Off Road PreRunner
    TRD cat-back with Spintech prostreet muffler, AFE Pro dry S intake, 16" SCS F-5, 3.5 BS, 305/70 GT Radial MT, King extended travel front/rear, 2" add-a-leaf, Maxtrack Spindles, Sway bar delete, DSM UCA, All Pro IFS skid, Cab mount chop, bed cab locks, Black badges, cali raised amber LED fogs, 6K FX-R Morimoto projectors with 55watt ballast, fog mod, cheap rear dust lamp from autozone, Hellas 500 behind grill, Color match Satoshi Grill, Hood scoop, rear bumper by BTF, color matched Glassworks bed caps, Wet Okole seat covers
    That makes sense guys thanks... no time to mess with it till sunday but this relay pretty much only goes one way. Must have been my grounds, I'll try again later

Products Discussed in

To Top