1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

DTR

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Mexichink, Apr 22, 2013.

1. Apr 22, 2013 at 3:56 PM
    Mexichink

Mexichink [OP] mexichink

Member:
    First Name:
    Enrique
    Northern Virginia
    Vehicle:
    Indigo Ink Pearl 05 SR5 Base
    Spyder Halo Projector Headlights, Spyder LED Tail Lights, Special Addition Ivan Stewart Magna Flow Exhaust, Blue CAI, IPCW Bermuda Black LED Brake Light, R1 Concept Slotted/Drilled Brake Disk, Posi Quiet Ceramic Brake Pads,R Racing Blue Interior Floor Mats, R Racing Seat Covers, Blue LED Map Light, Blue LED Dome Light, Aftermarket Fog Lights with LED Surrounding the Fog Light, AVS Bug Shield, AVS Vent Shades, Mesh Grill, Plasti Dip Badges, Plasti Dip Center of Bumper, Plasti Dip Grill, Plasti Dip Back Bumper, Blue Dash Trim Interior, DDM Tuning 6000k 55w HID Headlight Low Beam and DDM Tuning 6000k 35w HID Fog Light, Custom Blue Interior Panels, Blue LED Cluster, Blue Gauges, Blue Speedometer with White Needles, Double Din Pioneer X5500BHS Touch Screen Radio, Blue Led UnderGlow, One 12" Kicker, DTR Mod,
    Does anyone know how to wire the turn signals to be on all the time as if they were like the newer models? I found a thread that if you put a wire into the third hole of the turn signal and wire it to the parking lights it should work. But I want to have a switch back led, to have it on as white and yellow as a turn signal but idk if by doing it the way I stated above will have the switch back idea work. Any ideas?

2. Apr 22, 2013 at 4:23 PM
    DR007

DR007 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dylan
    Port Barre, LA
    Vehicle:
    '06 DCSB PreRunner
    MagnaFlow exhaust, K&N cold air intake, MB TKO wheels with 265/75/r16 Hankook Dynapro ATM, Blue Center shift LED color change, Map Lights with Dome, LED Map and Dome lights, Cluster Light Change, DTRL, Parking Light as Blinker, Blue A/C Control lights, Blue Clock, Bed Lights, Debadged tailgate, painted all exterior plastic trim, 6LZ Lightbars in grille, OTRATTW switches, Fog Light in Reverse light Mod, LED Blinkers all around, Projector Fog Lights, 15" blitzpro light bar, added hidden cig lighter port, custom plate front bumper, OME complete lift with 885 front coils, Ultraguage, CB radio 3' whips, 12v bed lighter port, Center Console Lights, AllProOffroad Sliders, 50" roof led light bar, 2 BlitzPro 6LZ Reverse Lights
    :popcorn: I'm interested also.

3. Apr 22, 2013 at 4:31 PM
    Mexichink

Mexichink [OP] mexichink

Member:
    First Name:
    Enrique
    Northern Virginia
    Vehicle:
    Spyder Halo Projector Headlights, Spyder LED Tail Lights, Special Addition Ivan Stewart Magna Flow Exhaust, Blue CAI, IPCW Bermuda Black LED Brake Light, R1 Concept Slotted/Drilled Brake Disk, Posi Quiet Ceramic Brake Pads,R Racing Blue Interior Floor Mats, R Racing Seat Covers, Blue LED Map Light, Blue LED Dome Light, Aftermarket Fog Lights with LED Surrounding the Fog Light, AVS Bug Shield, AVS Vent Shades, Mesh Grill, Plasti Dip Badges, Plasti Dip Center of Bumper, Plasti Dip Grill, Plasti Dip Back Bumper, Blue Dash Trim Interior, DDM Tuning 6000k 55w HID Headlight Low Beam and DDM Tuning 6000k 35w HID Fog Light, Custom Blue Interior Panels, Blue LED Cluster, Blue Gauges, Blue Speedometer with White Needles, Double Din Pioneer X5500BHS Touch Screen Radio, Blue Led UnderGlow, One 12" Kicker, DTR Mod,
    still no response :mad:

4. Apr 22, 2013 at 4:31 PM
    Jerez

Jerez SoCal LED Dash Swap

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Diamond Bar/Ontario, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD 2wd converted to 4wd
    Estock
    Youre not going to get a response so quick on everything lol
    Simple...run a 12v wire from any ignition component that runs power when you turn the key

I wired mine that way using the evap fuse under the hood...onky down side is that they turn on at about 6 hours when the evap releases the fumes from the fuel tank my led switchbaks turn on
    (Run wire to 3rd hole behind turn signal plug)

Either that or just add the stock relay

5. Apr 22, 2013 at 4:40 PM
    Mexichink

Mexichink [OP] mexichink

Member:
    First Name:
    Enrique
    Northern Virginia
    Vehicle:
    haha I'm just really anxious to find the answer. okay so if I shove a wire into the third hole in the turn signal and power it to the parking lights then wire the led resistor it should work? i read some where the using the relay the turn signal turn off once the headlights turn on :notsure:

6. Apr 22, 2013 at 4:44 PM
    Jerez

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Diamond Bar/Ontario, CA
    Vehicle:
    Estock
    I used to have them wired up the way...I spliced into the parking light wire and ran the new wire to the 3rd (empty) hole
    But the obvious thing is that the parking lights need to be on for them to be on as well
    And yes they stay on with the headlights that way. I ran and still run mine at night
    My whole front end lighting is white (55w hid headlights, 35w fogs, white parking and white switchback led to orange turn signals)

7. Apr 22, 2013 at 4:50 PM
    Mexichink

Mexichink [OP] mexichink

Member:
    First Name:
    Enrique
    Northern Virginia
    Vehicle:
    so your using the relay now? you have any pics? and where did you get the relay and how much? and where does it go?

8. Apr 22, 2013 at 4:52 PM
    Jerez

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Diamond Bar/Ontario, CA
    Vehicle:
    Estock
    Lol no that's what I'm telling you...

There are many ways to do it, it all depends what exact functions you want them to do

9. Apr 22, 2013 at 4:53 PM
    Mexichink

Mexichink [OP] mexichink

Member:
    First Name:
    Enrique
    Northern Virginia
    Vehicle:
    haha omg I'm slow so slow -_____________- okay so to make sure you have them wired with the wire shoved into the third hole lol

10. Apr 22, 2013 at 4:57 PM
    Jerez

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Diamond Bar/Ontario, CA
    Vehicle:
    Estock
    Ya...lol
    So if you want them to function just like all the stock tacomas I'd advice you to purchase the relay online and doing all the necessary wiring so then you down have to run that wire to that 3rd hole unless you're going to install switchback led turn signals then if you do the switchbacks you will have to run that wire

11. Apr 22, 2013 at 5:05 PM
    Mexichink

Mexichink [OP] mexichink

Member:
    First Name:
    Enrique
    Northern Virginia
    Vehicle:
    okay so im gonna get the switchback, obviously i need the resistor to stop the hyper flash. Then put a wire into the third hole wire to parking lights when the parking lights are on they should be white and if i use the turn signal it should be yellow right?:yay::bananadance:

12. Apr 22, 2013 at 5:20 PM
    Jerez

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Diamond Bar/Ontario, CA
    Vehicle:
    Estock
    Correctomundo

13. Apr 22, 2013 at 5:25 PM
    Mexichink

Mexichink [OP] mexichink

Member:
    First Name:
    Enrique
    Northern Virginia
    Vehicle:
    okay thank you very much sir!:woot::jellydance::bananadance::dancingbacon::bowdown:

14. May 6, 2013 at 6:36 PM
    Mexichink

Mexichink [OP] mexichink

Member:
    First Name:
    Enrique
    Northern Virginia
    Vehicle:
    Hey so I did what you said and it worked perfectly. I ordered a 120 smd switchback with load resistors and every time I turn on the parking lights I pop my parking light fuse. My parking lights have the aftermarket led and halo wired to them also I have an led strip around the fog hole wire to the parking lights as well you think I'm over loading the fuse? Also what gauge wire should I have used? My friend used 18 I have 24 would that be the problem?

15. May 6, 2013 at 7:28 PM
    Jerez

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Diamond Bar/Ontario, CA
    Vehicle:
    Estock
    ya youre over loading the circuit...
    to check, unplug one of the lights already installed (either the parking light or halo)
    and check the dtrl by itself

16. May 6, 2013 at 10:09 PM
    csjumper2003

csjumper2003 Jumper's Leds Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Nashville, TN
    Vehicle:
    2014 SSM Trd Off Road 4x4 Auto
    A fuse blowing comes from one of 2 things. Either a short or some of the cheaper leds are wired right and blow fuses.

Products Discussed in

To Top