1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

HID Lights in off road housings

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Penz83, Sep 24, 2013.

1. Sep 24, 2013 at 9:18 PM
    Penz83

Penz83 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma pre runner dbcb short bed
    My truck, 2005, has the oem lights still in it so I started looking at replacements. I wanted something a little brighter, looking around here on the forum I seen a lot of people going to hid lights, some with retrofit housings some without. I decided to try my luck with a 35w 5000k hi/lo hid kit from ddm. If I cant aim them to be safe enough as to not blind other drivers ill sell the kit off. I dont like the idea of a hard cutoff that the projectors produce, good for on road, not so much for off road in the middle of nowhere, but thats just my opinion. If they dont work out ill get some PIAA halogens.

To my point, all the research on the hid lights has me wondering if they would do well in an off road housing, for non street applications of course. I can pick up a pair of westin 6" lights for about $65, then throw in some 55w h3 hid's and im thinking they would make some real powerful off road lights. Any thoughts or experience with hid's in these types of housings?

Lights
    http://westinautomotive.com/westin/viewproduct.jsp?prod=Large+Round+Lights&id=114&vehicleId=

Products Discussed in

To Top