1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

help with wiring/unwiring DTRL

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by mattsowell, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Jul 15, 2014 at 2:33 PM
    mattsowell

mattsowell [OP] Ridiculously lazy member

Member:
    kamloops, bc
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD DC SB sport debadged
    no seatbelt chime, stubby antenna, 5100's front and back with AAL, offset rims with Dura-Trac rubber, weathertec mats, Image Dynamic sub with 5 channel Amp and Kenwood Deck with steering wheel control, PIA bulbs, K&N air filter, ARB Delux front bumper
    Hey guys. I know this is not a new topic but after searching the site and google I have not found a resolution to a fairly unique situation. The setup to this is that I purchased my taco from the states to drive in Canada. DTRL are mandatory here so as part of the import the DTRL are hardwired. To make it more interesting, I had a company do the import for me which cost me money but I didn't have to do anything but pick it up at a dealership in Vancouver. Saved money..........which is now biting me in the ass a bit.

Actual issue: the headlights have been hardwired as DTRL. THis is burning out my PIA bulbs almost every year. I have looked behind the fuse box and it has not be installed anything like what you guys suggest within the TW forum. I have attached a couple pics of what it looks like back here and I'm not even sure its this side of the firewall that I should be looking. Anyone out there an electrician that can lend a hand? much thanks
    matt

PS the last photo is from a couple weeks ago just to pull on some heart strings

PPS I have this bumper in my shop ready when my truck has less dents in it

image-8.jpg
    image-7.jpg
    image-5.jpg
    image-4.jpg
    image-10.jpg

Last edited: Jul 15, 2014

Products Discussed in

To Top