1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2013 Toyota Tacoma Base Model Fog Light Mod, No mini fuse box for relay?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by moe2o4, Feb 23, 2015.

1. Feb 23, 2015 at 7:37 AM
    moe2o4

moe2o4 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Corey
    Pittsburgh PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 SR Silver 2.7L 5 Speed
    OME 3" Lift, 32" Tires, Lots of Mods!
    Hi guys i just purchased a fog light kit off of ebay for my 2013 Toyota Tacoma Base Model 2.7L. I been searching around on the forums and found everyone doing the mod for the fog lights but i dont have the little box behind the big fuse box under the hood that contains the relay for the fog lights.

This is the kit i purchased the other day:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/271159382720?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Has anyone done a fog light mod on a base model 2013 without the small box with the relay behind the main fuse box under the hood and if so how is it done? Cause with this kit it looks like it comes with its own relay and you maybe power it off the battery so you could use them anytime, that's what im thinking?

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Feb 23, 2015 at 12:24 PM
    MeefZah

MeefZah -----------

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Lexington, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    '24 4R ORP
    You will have to wire them yourself.

Depending on how you want the lights to be activated, would depend on how you wire the trigger. For example, if you want them to be able to be turned on at any time, wire the trigger through the included switch and directly to battery. You want them to come on with your high beams, wire the trigger through the switch to the high beam + wire. Low beams? Trigger through the switch to the low beam +. Marker lights? Trigger through the switch to the marker light + wire. This will involve some simple splicing into factory wiring unless you either go directly to battery or you opt to use a "headlight extension" lead and splice into that (so you are not cutting into the factory wiring but are cutting into a more disposable / replaceable component.

The terminals of the relay would be consistent regardless of how you want the lights to be activated. Follow the instructions for them. One to negative, one to + battery through a 20A fuse, one to the fog light power, and then of course the "trigger" as described above.

It's not hard to install them, it's just tedious to do it neatly.

3. Feb 24, 2015 at 5:02 AM
    moe2o4

moe2o4 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Corey
    Pittsburgh PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 SR Silver 2.7L 5 Speed
    OME 3" Lift, 32" Tires, Lots of Mods!
    Thanks man, Ill probably just wire them up straight to the battery so i can turn them on whenever i want and just run that wire inside for the switch on the dash.

Products Discussed in

To Top