1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

OTRATTW Help

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by TravelinLight, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Mar 11, 2015 at 10:11 AM
    TravelinLight

TravelinLight [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Hayes
    Pensacola, FL
    Bilsteins on front and rear, OME 885 coils, Wheeler's AAL with overload left in, LR UCA's, Stock TRD 17" wheels, 255/75-17 BFG KM tires, VIPMOTOZ headlights, Lifetime LED headlight bulbs, 6000K LED Fog bulbs, Jumper's Interior and license plate LED's, Husky Classic floor mats, OEM bed mat, Leer100R truck shell with carpeted platform, de-badged, white derped grill emblem.
    I'm installing LED Fog Lights and I want to wire them to run with the 'anytime' mod so that they run with high and low beams but I also want to control them with a switch on the dash.

I'm installing Rigid backup lights that I want to run when in reverse but also with a switch on the dash.

PLEASE CONFIRM THAT I HAVE SELECTED THE CORRECT SWITCHES FROM OTRATTW. THANKS!

Switches_zpsdbtwbtse_c6ab154dd1f631ff2c69c1cdbec3b56d42d85ef7.jpg

2. Mar 11, 2015 at 10:12 AM
    Bennett707

Bennett707 Station707

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    No more taco life for me
    ORTATTW is a very helpful and knowledgeable source, I recommend calling them .

3. Mar 11, 2015 at 10:15 AM
    Large

Large Red

Member:
    For the fogs you just need a SPST, wire it up like it came from the factory. Install the jumper under the hood and it will work with high and low and while they (the headlights) are off.

The reverse lights are another story .. if you are hooking the (AUX) lights up to the OEM backup light circuit AND want to add a switch you will need to install a diode down the line (towards the front of the truck, before the switch).

However if you are just going to install reverse lights on their own circuit that you control with a switch, again just use a SPST switch.

4. Mar 11, 2015 at 10:18 AM
    snowtank

snowtank Where the fuck did my beer go!

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    11 txpro dcsb 08 trd sprt dcsb
    Some stuff here and there....
    So your fogs just need a rocker switch and body. So you can turn them on and off as you please so you are correct there. As for your reverse lights it will be the same switch but you will also have to tap into your wiring harness for reverse lights so they know to come on when in reverse then run it to the switch so once again you can turn them on and off as you please. You are on the correct course if I was reading your post correct.

Edit. Dammit large beat me.

5. Mar 12, 2015 at 7:07 PM
    JJLuna

JJLuna JJ

Member:
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    15' 4x4 Trd off road
    Stage 3 Icon lift w/tubular uca's and Icon remote resivor rear shocks and Icon leaf pack. 275/70R17 Bfg AT/KO on Black Rock 17x8 908B mwheels. Truck is leveled at 3in in front and back. Blacked out badges (plasti dip) Avid off-road light bar and steps, BPF Raptor style grille color matched, PIAA AT lights, AOB Switch, Line-xed rear bumper
    You can also try AirOnBoard.com if your looking for a stock OE type switch. They make them for both the left side and center console. They are perfect fit, not trimming required.

image.jpg

Maximus likes this.
  6. Mar 12, 2015 at 7:17 PM
    deeezy

deeezy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dana
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    2013 4x4 DC, 6 spd, TRD Sport
    King ext travel coilovers, Icon tubular UCA's Rear-King "Tundra" 2.5's, Allpro Expos, TRD cat-back, Hurst/Core short shift kit, etc...
    I don't think you need a diode for your reverse lights. I didn't use one. You need to run another hot circuit to the spdt switch though. Have the new "hot" circuit going to one of the two outputs and the reverse camera trigger circuit to the other. Then your reverse lights hook up to the common on the switch.

7. Mar 12, 2015 at 7:24 PM
    deeezy

deeezy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dana
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    2013 4x4 DC, 6 spd, TRD Sport
    King ext travel coilovers, Icon tubular UCA's Rear-King "Tundra" 2.5's, Allpro Expos, TRD cat-back, Hurst/Core short shift kit, etc...
    correction: the common on your 3-way switch will be hooked up to trigger your aux reverse light relay. So when your switch is up or "on all the time" it'll be connected with the new hot wire and when your switch is down or "on when your in reverse" it'll be connected with the camera trigger wire that you tap. In the middle will be off, not connected to any circuit.
    Your grounds of course will be connected to a ground.

Products Discussed in

To Top