Tacoma World Forums

Tacoma World Forums (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/)
-   Lighting (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lighting/)
-   -   Fog Light Switch (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lighting/49438-fog-light-switch.html)

kirkdbjl 08-23-2009 02:58 PM

Fog Light Switch
 
I just purchased my new 09 Tacoma and want to install some auxilary fog lamps 0n my Bull Bar in addition to the factory lamps.

I am trying to find a switch that will replace one of the blanks in the dash that will look factory with an on indicator light.

I have found the following FJ switch PT297-35070-AS, but am not sure if it will work. Does anyone out there know?
:)

chris4x4 08-23-2009 03:41 PM

Not sure if thats the right one, but they sell OEM switches on Ebay.

rmb_crew 08-23-2009 04:00 PM

Radio shack has a ton of differnet styles just buy which ever one you like and cut the blank off plates to fit.

uood8 08-23-2009 04:21 PM

i got an oem switch off ebay for about 20 bucks shipped.

kirkdbjl 08-24-2009 05:35 AM

Thanks for the info but I am new to this type of thing and do not know what OEM is?

I take it from the replies there isn't a switch made you can take the blank out and replace it with except a factory toyota fog light switch($60.00)that you simply need to find a switch that will work and install it on the blank after some modification?

95SLE 08-24-2009 05:52 AM

You might want to look at one of these.

http://www.oznium.com/gsw-45-led

monrad 08-24-2009 12:06 PM

See thread:
<http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/15476-oem-style-switch.html>

Part No. 0055035976 can be had at the dealer for about $12 or less.

longbow 08-24-2009 01:10 PM

You can go this route, $8 each at the stealership, or e-bay I believe.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/d...m/DSC04640.JPG

Plain Jane Taco 08-24-2009 06:52 PM

I went with the same switch. $10 at my local dealer.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...S/IMG_2687.jpg

jhodge83 08-24-2009 06:53 PM

got this one off amazon i believe....its made by daystar...got green to go w/ the truck...kinda big and gnarly rocker...

http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/d...m/S6300305.JPG

brandob9 09-03-2009 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longbow (Post 877096)
You can go this route, $8 each at the stealership, or e-bay I believe.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/d...m/DSC04640.JPG

Did yours require any magic to fit? I'm reluctant to use too much force here.

2007TacBorla4X4 01-10-2010 04:52 PM

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Lights-Li...3710&t_pl=3595

go look at my picks

Fish Head 01-14-2010 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longbow (Post 877096)
You can go this route, $8 each at the stealership, or e-bay I believe.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/d...m/DSC04640.JPG

Seriously...........I went & bought 3 through my local dealership, just shy of $100.00 for all 3 after I was taxes in - brutal considering the price point you guys are scooping them at.
They'll be going in shortly, as all my other lighting components are finally here.

Fish Head 01-14-2010 03:29 PM

Quick question now that my hands are scratched to crap from burrowing around blindly up in behind my dash - how does one access the area behind the upper 3 switches ? The lower 3 is a simple remove the tray and pop 'em out from behind.........the upper 3 are shielded from below it seems.
I'm wanting to move (re locate) the factory alarm light/sensor from the lower middle slot to the upper middle slot, leaving the lower 3 for the new auxillary lighting switches.
Any way to do this simply without yarding half the dash out ?? I've looked around a bit for links but haven't hit on the right one yet.

drmadron 01-15-2010 12:03 PM

well l just found out my 2010 tacoma v6 4x4 did not come with wiring for fog light so l have to buy aftermarket fog lights and wiring any know where to buy a nice set of aftermarket fog lights.

AZCOMA 01-15-2010 12:39 PM

I just taped in to the wire on the fogs for signal to turn on my hellas.I have a seperate power source and a relay. Works good cause I dant use the fogs any ways.

Dark Knight 01-15-2010 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish Head (Post 1316920)
Seriously...........I went & bought 3 through my local dealership, just shy of $100.00 for all 3 after I was taxes in - brutal considering the price point you guys are scooping them at.
They'll be going in shortly, as all my other lighting components are finally here.

true definition of stealership right there....

DanT 02-07-2011 01:49 PM

Access to foglight switch panel
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish Head (Post 1318205)
Quick question now that my hands are scratched to crap from burrowing around blindly up in behind my dash - how does one access the area behind the upper 3 switches ? The lower 3 is a simple remove the tray and pop 'em out from behind.........the upper 3 are shielded from below it seems.
I'm wanting to move (re locate) the factory alarm light/sensor from the lower middle slot to the upper middle slot, leaving the lower 3 for the new auxillary lighting switches.
Any way to do this simply without yarding half the dash out ?? I've looked around a bit for links but haven't hit on the right one yet.

Did anyone ever answer your question about accessing the upper switch area to add a fog light switch? I have the same question.

01GREENTACO 02-07-2011 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanT (Post 2704713)
Did anyone ever answer your question about accessing the upper switch area to add a fog light switch? I have the same question.

Holy thread revival Batman!

Fish Head 02-07-2011 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanT (Post 2704713)
Did anyone ever answer your question about accessing the upper switch area to add a fog light switch? I have the same question.

You've got mail......


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:50 AM.