1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

H.I.D.'s

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by nolanrod8, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Dec 16, 2009 at 9:32 AM
    nolanrod8

nolanrod8 [OP] Member

Member:
    Peachtree City, GA
    Vehicle:
    01 V6 Doublecab PreRunner
    Tinted Windows, After Market Radio
    I have wanted to get H.I.D.'s since the day I bought my truck. Everyone I have talked to about getting them done has been around 600 or 700 dollars, but i found this kit
    http://www.carid.com/2001-toyota-tacoma-xenon-hid/ today. Can anyone tell me if this is a rip off, or what?

2. Dec 16, 2009 at 9:43 AM
    619Tacoma

619Tacoma Baja bound

Member:
    First Name:
    Call me Rocco
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5, Sport, 4dr
    - Billstein 5100's all around with OME 885 coil springs. - K&N Air Filter - HID Headlights & Fogs - Kenwood Stereo & Infinity Speakers - CB Radio, - Fog On Anytime mod - Anti Tailgate theft mod. More comming...
    I would suggest just purchasing your HID kit from Slimcubby. He has group buys on this forum all the time. i know there was one going on a few days ago. It might have just ended. Check out the "group buys" section. They're at a good price and very reliable.

3. Dec 16, 2009 at 9:45 AM
    luk8272

luk8272 Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver4dr. 4x4, V6 Shortbed
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners, Camper shell, ultimate headlight upgrade. URD -3° exhaust cam gears, .5" XTP Intake spacer. Custom dents.
    I second that. Slim is great.

4. Dec 16, 2009 at 9:47 AM
    Jigzor

Jigzor Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    20 Gladiator Rubicon
    Steersmarts Draglink, Tie rod, Track Bar
    Slim offers a great product with outstanding service. I don't think anyone has a complaint about Slim, his product, or the way he handles his group buys.

5. Dec 16, 2009 at 9:50 AM
    619Tacoma

619Tacoma Baja bound

Member:
    First Name:
    Call me Rocco
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5, Sport, 4dr
    - Billstein 5100's all around with OME 885 coil springs. - K&N Air Filter - HID Headlights & Fogs - Kenwood Stereo & Infinity Speakers - CB Radio, - Fog On Anytime mod - Anti Tailgate theft mod. More comming...
    I've had my kit installed about a year and not once have they failed me. Slim is easy and great to work with as well. I mean the guy will even give you his number so you can call and ask him any questions with the installation. Plus there is also a write up on this forum with pitcures and everything for the HID kit you'll get from Slim. You'll be happy you listened to us.

6. Dec 16, 2009 at 9:56 AM
    RelentlessFab

RelentlessFab Eric @Relentless Fab Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Sparks, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 AC 6mt>03 SR5 >08 Sport and 17 6MT TRD OR
    Relentless Armored! Too many others to list.
    I bought a kit from slim, one of my Ballasts failed after a week. He replaced it for me with little hassle, but still a heads up. I'm going to order a set of HIDs to convert my off road lights with a kit from DDM. Their kits have a lifetime warranty and are even cheaper than Slim's GB prices...
    look here:D :
    http://www.ddmtuning.com/index.php?p=product&id=101&parent=85

7. Dec 16, 2009 at 9:56 AM
    humanoid

humanoid bite me

Member:
    Sunny SoCal
    Vehicle:
    I had a '99 Xtra Cab PreRunner SR5 V6
    CarID is a legit company from what I know.

8. Dec 16, 2009 at 10:11 AM
    PreRunnerSeth

PreRunnerSeth Well-Known Member

Member:
    Apex, NC
    Vehicle:
    16 Super White Limited 4x4
    The ddm kits also have three mounting holes on the ballast. Makes us much easier to mount them than the Slim kits that have only 1 hole. Ive installed several DDM kits and a couple of Slims kits.

9. Dec 20, 2009 at 8:16 PM
    nolanrod8

nolanrod8 [OP] Member

Member:
    Peachtree City, GA
    Vehicle:
    01 V6 Doublecab PreRunner
    Tinted Windows, After Market Radio
    Well i have never really done a group buy, and dont know how to do it. After Christmas I will have some good money saved up, and I am most likely going to purchase a kit.
    RentlessTaco and Dorifuto - can you tell me anything more about these DDM kits? Do you know people who own them and are satisfied?

Products Discussed in

To Top