1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What To Do With My Headlights.

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by 10.21, Mar 7, 2010.

1. Mar 7, 2010 at 5:19 PM

10.21 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dillon
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    Black V6 Sport
    BHLM, Satoshi, Remove Mud Flaps, Debadge.
    I'm new to the mechanical side of vehicles so excuse me if I sound like a moron. I've been checking out everyone's headlight set-up. Noticing some with that "halo" look headlight, also noticing some doing something called retrofit. Just wondering which direction I should head.

I'm looking to completely black out my truck. With that getting my headlights without all that "chrome" looking reflection. I'm not looking for an easier way of doing this, just a better, time-bearing, cost-effective way. I have a link to someones thread on how to set-up a retrofit so if a lot of you are suggesting that, I'll just hit that up...I just don't fully understand what a retrofit is. So, if you could explain.

Any suggestions out of retrofit/halo, let me know.

2. Mar 7, 2010 at 5:58 PM
    yosh2000

yosh2000 Well-Known Member

Member:
    CO
    Vehicle:
    '17 Tundra CM 5.7
    shouldnt be in the same sentence....

retro will set you back at least $400 if you do it all yourself, but will yield the best output (see my sig). you will also be able to completely black out your headlights (check our rhino's retro).

you can do a simple BHLM, which would set you back $5 plus a few hours...but the lighting on the road will not change unless you change the bulbs as well (i suggest phillips x-treme vision bulbs)

3. Mar 7, 2010 at 6:13 PM

10.21 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dillon
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    Black V6 Sport
    BHLM, Satoshi, Remove Mud Flaps, Debadge.
    What is BHLM?

If I were to go with the retrofit, do you have a suggestion on what all to buy? I believe it's blackhawk88's thread where he tells what all he bought and where...but do you have any suggestions?

4. Mar 7, 2010 at 6:43 PM
    yosh2000

yosh2000 Well-Known Member

Member:
    CO
    Vehicle:
    '17 Tundra CM 5.7
    BHLM - black head light mod - take headlights apart and spray the chrome shroud w/ krylon fushion.

concerning the retrofit - check my sig. complete parts list can be found in the GB thread from the retrofit source.

Products Discussed in

To Top